All Time 10s specializes in examining strange, expensive and fascinating habits of people around the world. The 10 Weirdest Things Ever Sold on eBay is especially surprising, proving people will, in fact, do (and sell) anything if the price is right. The wacky items also shed light on the 21st century, a time when answers to philosophical questions might only go for a few bucks while anything touched or worn by a celebrity will sell for thousands. Let's hope at least some of these deal seekers suffered buyer's remorse.
Top 10 Weirdest Things Ever Sold on eBay
10. A Man's Forehad: Twenty-year old Andrew Fischer put his forehead up for sale on eBay. He received $37,375 to advertise SnoreStop for one month.
9. A Small Town in Texas: The town of Albert was pitched as notable for its German heritage and laid-back attitude and the purchase included the title of mayor and a local beer garden. The town was first put up for sale for a reserve price of $2.5 million in 2007, but when no buyers offered the amount, it was re-put up for sale on eBay for an asking price of $883,000 in 2009.
8. Michael Jackson's Boxer Shorts: These shorts must know some pretty dirty secrets. Jackson's shorts sold with a reserve price of $1 million. They had been seized as evidence during a child molestation investigation of the former pop singer.
7. The Meaning of Life: The eBay seller claimed to have discovered the reason for our existence. Unfortunately for him, it seems either buyers are not so easily tricked or they do not really care. The highest bidder only offered $3.26 for the answer to this philosophical question.
6. A Baby: A couple put their baby up for sale on eBay starting at 1 Euro as a joke. Apparently, authorities did not find their gaffe so funny. The couple were investigated for child trafficking and their child was briefly taken into custody.
5. JFK's Shooter's Window: The window and frame from the shooter's nest where Lee Harvey Oswald shot John F. Kennedy sold for $3 million on eBay.
4. A Used Tissue: Scarlett Johansson's tissue was sold for $5,300. The money was donated to charity. We can only guess how much the highest bidder would have paid for her cough drop wrappers.
3. Ghost in a Jar: The seller found this jar while using a metal detector and claimed the contents haunted him. It attracted (hoax) bids of up to $100 million.
2. Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich: This holy snack attracted media attention and religious zealots the world over. It ultimately sold for $28,000.
1. A Man's Entire Life: Ian Usher must not have had a great year. He sold his life for about $300,000. This deal included his house, car, ski jet and an introduction to all his friends in Perth, Australia.
Watch the video of the Ten Weirdest Things Ever Sold on eBay: