One of the most valuable things the internet has provided job seekers is useful advice. It's accessible and easy to read. BUT, that can also be a curse. Why? With so many talented career experts out there (often with differing opinions), you can end up in the 'internet black hole' reading way to many opinions and wasting hours in the process. That's one of the main reasons I developed this website. By researching and 'approving' top experts, you can be confident in letting this be your one-stop-shop for career advice.
With that in mind, I'd like to introduce you to a group of fellow career coaches who have formed the Career Collective. Once a month, they all write on a certain subject as a way to give readers a comprehensive overview in one sitting. This month's topic was about interviewing. I promise if you take the 30 minutes to read these posts, you'll already be ahead of the game. Apply some of the techniques, and I guarantee you'll see some results.
PS - We have a great, FREE Interview Prep Tool on our website that would compliment the advice given below!
- Sit Down and Panic. The Interview is Yours @GayleHoward
- How to Stand Out in a Job Interview @heathermundell
- Avoid These Reference Mistakes @DawnBugni
- Unspoken Secrets of Job Interviewing Prep: How Your Nonverbal Presentation and Behaviors Impact the Impression You Make @KatCareerGal
- Prep for Interviews Now: Snuff out the Elephant in the Room Later! @chandlee << not working yet
- What Should Job Seekers Do Now to Prepare for an Interview @erinkennedycprw
- Take a Ride in the Elevator Before You Interview @barbarasafani
- Are You Ready for the Elephant in the Room? @WorkWithIllness
- Tell Me About Yourself (Oh, Yikes!), @KCCareerCoach
- The job interview as a shared narrative @WalterAkana
- Prepare your references for job search success @Keppie_Careers
- No Pain No Gain In Job Search and Interview Prep @ValueIntoWords
- Job searching? Take a cue from the Boy Scouts @LaurieBerenson
- Preparing for Career Success Starts with Interviewing the Employers @JobHuntOrg