When “Scream” actress Bella Thorne announced she was bisexual in a Twitter post Tuesday, more than 42,000 of her 6.42 million followers liked the post. The star isn’t alone when it comes to her sexuality. Listed below are some famous female celebrities who have openly discussed being bisexual.
1. Amber Heard: “I have had relationships, successful relationships, with men, and I had a great relationship with a wonderful woman,” she told The Edit. “I have always been and always will be just who I am and I will never fake anything for anyone.”
2. Angelina Jolie: “I have loved women in the past and slept with them. I think if you love and want to pleasure a woman, particularly if you are a woman yourself, then certainly you know how to do things a certain way,” she reportedly said in 2005.
3. Anna Paquin. “I'm Anna Paquin. I'm bisexual and I give a damn,” she said during the “Give A Damn” equal rights campaign in 2010.
4. Megan Fox: “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual,” she told Esquire in 2010.
5. Lady Gaga “It's not a lie that I am bisexual and I like women, and anyone that wants to twist this into ‘she says she's bisexual for marketing,’ this is a f------ lie,” she told Barbara Walters in 2009. “This is who I am and who I have always been.”
6. Evan Rachel Wood: “Yeah, that’s a big part of who I am, and it always has been for as long as I can remember,” the actress told Marie Claire in 2011. “I can’t say I’m one way or the other because I’ve honestly fallen in love with a man and I’ve honestly fallen in love with a woman. I don’t know how you label that, it’s just how it is.”
7. Amber Rose: “If I see a women and I think she’s beautiful and I like her, and she likes me back we can definitely try to be in a relationship together,” Muva told Complex Magazine in 2009.
8. Aubrey Plaza: “I know I have an androgynous thing going on, and there's something masculine about my energy. Girls are into me—that's no secret. Hey, I'm into them too. I fall in love with girls and guys. I can't help it,” the star told Nylon Magazine in July 2016.
9. Cynthia Nixon. “I don’t pull out the ‘bisexual’ word because nobody likes the bisexuals. Everybody likes to dump on the bisexuals,” the “Sex in the City” star told The Daily Beast in 2012. “[W]e get no respect.”
10. Drew Barrymore: “Do I like women sexually? Yeah, I do. Totally. I have always considered myself bisexual,” she told Contact Music in 2003.
11. Shailene Woodley: “I fall in love with human beings based on who they are, not based on what they do or what sex they are,” she told Elle in 2015.
12. Ingrid Nilsen: “This is something that's been a part of me and has always been a part of me,” the YouTuber said in her coming out video June 2015.
13. Amandla Stenberg: “It's a really, really hard thing to be silenced and it's deeply bruising to fight against your identity… As someone who identifies as a black, bisexual woman, I've been through it and it hurts and it's awkward and it’s uncomfortable,” the “Hunger Games” actress said in a video posted to her Tumblr account in 2015.
14. Brandi Glanville: “I love beautiful people. If you're a man, you're a man. If you're a woman, you're a woman. I'm not a lesbian and I'm not straight,” the reality star said on HuffPost Live In 2014.
15. Fergie: “I mean I guess I would call it bisexual or sexually open, free spirit... what have you,” the “Fergalicious” singer said on “Oprah’s Next Chapter” in 2012.
16. Michelle Rodriguez: “I've gone both ways. I do as I please,” she told Entertainment Weekly in 2013. “Men are intriguing. So are chicks.”
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella