Two people were sent to the hospital and 19 teenagers were arrested over the weekend when the rowdy group caused disruption at Ford City Mall in Chicago.

"A group of older youths came into the mall with the intent of causing havoc and chaos and were running through the mall, screaming, yelling and so forth," Ford City Mall senior manager John Sarama told the Chicago Tribune.

The ruckus continued outside the Ford City Mall, where some of the teens climbed on top of cars and as many as 200 people damaged vehicle in the parking lot, according to a police report of the incident.

The teenagers arrested in the incident ranged in age from 13 to 18, Chicago Police Department spokeswoman Laura Kubiak told the Associated Press.

The free-for-all began around 4:45 p.m. Saturday when a large group of teens ran through the mall screaming, a mall official told the Chicago Tribune.

Ford City officials closed the mall minutes later, but the mayhem spilled over into the parking lot.

The injured included a bus driver who sustained minor injuries, while a “kid” was also “hurt,” but in good condition. Both injured victims were taken to area hospitals, Chicago Fire Department Chief Joe Roccasalva told the newspaper.

Mall officials struggled to comprehend how the disturbance started.

"Ford City is a family-oriented mall," Sarama told the Tribune. "We have not had an incident like this [in the past], and I'm still in a little bit of a state of shock actually.”

Nearly 50 police cars and a helicopter swarmed the scene as some of the teens jumped on both parked and moving cars, the police report said.

Most of the 19 teenagers arrested were charged with misdemeanor mob action, according to the AP. One of the teens, a 16-year-old, was charged with battery of a mall security guard who was trying to flee.

The boy band Mindless Behavior played at Ford City about 45 minutes before the disturbance occurred, but Sarama said the appearance didn't cause the incident. About 1,000 people attended a Mindless Behavior autograph signing.

The mall didn't suffer any damage from the disturbance, according to the Tribune. Ford City reopened Sunday.