1) Staying ahead of your competition
In the current state of the economy, demand and competition for jobs has never been higher. It is guaranteed that when you apply directly for a job there can be upwards of nearly 100 people other people applying for the same job. Some of this competition has probably used a professional resume writer, and this gives you an immediate advantage before the screening process even takes place
2) Most candidates are not capable of composing a resume that adequately highlights their strengths, accomplishments and achievements
Writing objectively is hard, and most candidates tend to struggle when writing about themselves. Resume writers approach the writing process from an employer's, rather than a candidate's point of view. They are then more successful with highlighting what potential employers are really looking for.
3) Professional writers have direct knowledge of buzz words, keywords & industry jargon
4) Recruiters and hiring managers don't have time to read through a bad resume
A well-formatted and grammar-free resume will grab a reader's attention and generate interest in you and increase your chances at getting to the interview stage.
5) Applying for jobs is serious business
Just like you would call upon a professional builder to help construct your house or a professional mechanic to repair your car, you need a professional resume writer to help you get a job. Writers offer advantages over the competition that will greatly improve your chances at getting hired.