Human Resources practitioners who are working in the trenches need access to information, advice, and data immediately outside of HR associations like SHRM and ASTD. Thankfully, there are HR bloggers, communities, and websites providing HR pros with real time information and resources. Here are a handful of resources, in fact six resources I recommend HR professionals add to their RSS readers or bookmark.
- The Human Race Horses. An HR blog managed by Mike Vandervort. Mike discusses Human Resource topics, Labor Relations and a mix of social media.
- TNLT. An HR extension of the popular Electronic Recruiting Exchange or ERE, TNLT is a new network of HR related blog posts and articles.
- LinkedIn HR. Almost 300,000 members strong. This is a valuable resource and LinkedIn Group to build connections, ask questions, and learn about news and information that concerns the HR Practitioner.
- SmartBrief Workforce. An amazing e-mail newsletter and resource with a collection of leading HR bloggers and practitioners. Last week's announcement of their new editor and former COO of SHRM, China Gorman is a smart move for this publication.
- HR Fishbowl. Charlie Judy is a senior level HR practitioner and one of my favorite new and upcoming HR bloggers. He is focused on HR issues and provides an experienced point of view with a focus on strategic and feet on the street human resources.
- The HR Net. Steve Browne, an HR Practitioner from Ohio who has created an amazing HR Forum that is free and available for anyone to join called The HR Net. He sends weekly updates to members of the forum who are able to post HR questions and comments anonymously. Connect with Steve directly to learn more at email@example.com.
About the Author:
CAREEREALISM Expert, Jessica Miller-Merrell, SPHR is an author, new mother, and human resources professional with a passion for the job search, recruiting, and all things social media. Jessica has over 10 years of experience in human resources and recruiting industry. She specializes in helping job seekers with personal branding specializing and job search strategies helping others learn the unwritten rules of the job search. Her creative technique and strategies have received national recognition from Entrepreneur, Glamour Magazine, HR Executive Magazine, and Employment Digest. Jessica also is the host of the only live job search web show every Sunday 9 PM EST on Mingle Media TV.