The Associated Press reports that National Air Cargo, the company that owned the cargo plane that crashed at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan on Monday, released the names of the victims onboard. Six of the plane's crew members were from Michigan, and one was from Kentucky.
- Jamie Brokaw First Officer Monroe, MI
- Brad Hasler Pilot Trenton, MI
- Jeremy Lipka Pilot Brooklyn, MI
- Rinku Summan First officer Canton, MI
- Michael Sheets Loadmaster Ypsilanti, MI
- Gary Stockdale Maintenance Romulus, MI
- Timothy Garrett Maintenance Louisville, KY
Boeing also released a statement yesterday regarding the incident: “The Boeing Company extends sincere condolences to the families and friends of the crew who perished in the crash of a National Air Cargo flight near Bagram, Afghanistan. At the request of the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board, Boeing will provide technical assistance to investigating authorities."
Footage surfaced yesterday giving a ground view of the crash from a vehicle dashcam. The incident is currently under investigation by the U.S. NTSB and Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority.
Luke Villapaz is a Multimedia Producer at the International Business Times. He comes from a diverse media background working freelance in production and photography. Luke...