You've heard how water is good for your body, maybe even seen the latest research on how it can help you lose weight. But drinking enough H2O isn't always easy, especially because plain ol' water can get a little boring sometimes. So, how can you spice it up? Besides the go-to squeeze of lemon or lime, here are 7 ways to help you gulp water down.
- Fill a pitcher with water, ice, and chopped fruit, like strawberries, cantaloupe, or kiwi. Bonus - when you finish the water, you can eat the fruit.
- Add chopped cucumbers and lime to your H2O.
- Pour limeade into ice cube trays and freeze them. Plop one into a glass of sparkling mineral water.
- Infuse warm water with fresh mint sprigs overnight. Remove the leaves and pour over crushed ice.
- Add just a splash of 100% fruit juice to your glass of water. It gives it some flavor without loading it up with calories or artificial sweeteners.
- Make ice cubes out of pureed strained berries and drop a few of them into your water.
- Freeze lemon, lime, and orange wedges and toss those into your water instead of ice cubes. This is a tasty way to keep your water ice cold and at the same time, get a bit of fruit.
Oh, and did you know you should not wait until you are thirsty to drink water? By the time thirst hits, you may already be slightly dehydrated. Try staying ahead of the dehydration by drinking plenty of water throughout the day - eight 8-ounce glasses is the general guideline.
So drink up... Who knew there were so many options?!
Written by Sahar Aker. Sahar is a veteran TV news health reporter now running FatFighterTV.com - a fun and informative website featuring the latest news and videos on diet, fitness, and the obesity epidemic. FatFighterTV will keep you eating right with healthy recipes, having fun with weekly giveaways, and entertained with our new Petsercise video series.
Reprinted from DietsinReview