The bomb units are expected to help the UAE better counter the threat from ISIS in Iraq and Syria and the Yemeni Houthi rebels.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper in 2008 offered a full apology for the country's history with residential schools, which have been condemned as an attempt to commit "cultural genocide."
The signing of the disaster declaration means that federal funding would now be available to flood victims in Harris, Hays and Van Zandt counties.
Ash Carter called for a diplomatic solution to the increasingly militarized dispute over territorial control of the South China Sea.
The indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert found a lucrative career in lobbying after leaving Congress.
Demonstrators showed up at a planned "Draw Mohammad" contest and anti-Islam rally in front of a Phoenix mosque, only to be met by members of a "Love Rally."
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is poised to sign the bill into law. The measure, once signed, would reverse a ban on visibly carrying guns -- dating back to the post-Civil War era.
- Fighters Battle Houthis In Yemen's Southern City Of Aden
- Judge Orders End To Decade-Long Vigil At Closed Church
- Rollback Of US Spy Powers Would Mark Post-9/11 Watershed
- Russia Puts 89 EU Politicians On Travel Blacklist
- Mexico Lawmakers Demand President Detail Wealth
- As Anthrax Mishap Widens, US Military Orders Review
- US Deployed Stuxnet-Style Cyberattack On North Korea
- US Official 'Fairly Confident' Of More FIFA Indictments: NYT