Tuesday marked 14 years since R&B singer and actress Aaliyah died in a small plane crash at Marsh Harbor Airport in Abaco Islands, Bahamas. She was 22. The "One In A Million" singer was in the middle of filming the music video for “Rock the Boat” when she died.
The performer, also known as “baby girl,” had a burgeoning acting career and was slated to star in the Oscar-award winning thriller, “The Matrix.” To honor the Grammy-nominated singer, some of her top quotes have been shared below, courtesy of Brainy Quote.
1. “I see myself as sexy. If you are comfortable with it, it can be very classy and appealing.”
2. “Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want.”
3. “You have to love what you do to want to do it every day.”
4. “I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original.”
5. “I know that people think I'm sexy and I am looked at as that. It is cool with me. It's wonderful to have [sex] appeal. If you embrace it, it can be a very beautiful thing.”
6. “There are times in my life when I just want to be by myself.”
7. “If I don't think about it, it won't drive me crazy.”
8. “I'm the interpreter. I'm the one who takes your words and brings them to life. I was trained to sing and dance and laugh, and that's what I want to do.”
9. “All I can do is leave it in God's hands and hope that my fans feel where I'm coming from.”
10. “There are times I can't even figure myself out.”
Did we miss your favorite quote by Aaliyah? Let us know in the comment section below.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella