Successful businesspeople are only as good as the teams they have around them. That is why Administrative Professionals’ Day is all about giving thanks where it is deserved – to the people working behind the scenes to make sure their offices are run like well-oiled machines.
Administrative Professionals’ Day originated in 1952 and is often marked by gift-giving – flowers, cards and gift certificates are all acceptable. The following are 11 quotes for you to share with your assistant to show your appreciation.
1. “No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” -- Unknown
2. “Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.” -- John W. Gardner
3. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
4. “No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another. Thank you.” – Unknown
5. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” -- James Allen
6. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
7. “It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference.” -- Tom Brokaw
8. “If you take a bunch of superstars and put them in a room where they don't have their assistants and entourage, it's funny to see what happens.” -- Daryl Hall
9. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” -- John F. Kennedy
10. “A manager is an assistant to his men.” -- Thomas J. Watson
11. "Always be nice to secretaries. They are the real gatekeepers in the world." -- Anthony J. D'Angelo