- BlackBerry About to Launch BBM Music Service?
August 19 2011 4:42 PM
Research in Motion Ltd. wants to gain back some of the market ground that the BlackBerry manufacturer has lost in recent months, and part of its strategy may be to attract younger listeners with a new service called BBM Music.
- HTC CEO: Google's Motorola Buy is 'Good News' for Android Ecosystem
August 19 2011 4:39 PM
The reactions to Google's planned acquisition of Motorola Mobility have so far spanned excitement, trepidations, and even a lawsuit -- but HTC Chief Executive Peter Chou is firmly on the positive end.
- Cheongdam & Partners - Social Venture, provides International Marketing service
August 19 2011 1:09 PM
In the office of ICT consulting company located in Gangnamgu, Seoul Cheongdam & Partners(http://cheongdam.be/ email:firstname.lastname@example.org). When I was entering the office, the wall was filled with many calendars.
- Motorola Gets $2.5 Billion if Google Deal Doesn't Happen
August 18 2011 7:34 PM
The announcement of Google's plan to acquire Motorola Mobility has sent analysts and bloggers into a fury of speculation about the possibilities and fine points of the deal.
- AT&T Cuts Last Remaining 'Limited' Text Plan
August 18 2011 6:59 PM
In a report filed by Greg Bensinger of Dow Jones Newswires, AT&T has confirmed that the company will no longer offer a $10 per month text messaging plan to new AT&T customers.
- HP Dumps WebOS Support, PC Division
August 18 2011 6:57 PM
In a sudden (but not altogether unexpected) turn of events, Hewlett-Packard has decided to spin off its PC operations into a separate company, and to end support for WebOS devices such as the six-month-old TouchPad tablet.
- HP to Buy UK's Autonomy, Focus on Enterprise Software
August 18 2011 6:55 PM
As part of Hewlett-Packard's move toward a software focus, the company announced that it has made an offer to buy Autonomy for more than $10 billion.
- Apple Rumor Mill: Pre-Orders on Sept. 30 for LTE iPhone 5?
August 18 2011 10:58 AM
Rumors concerning the upcoming iPhone 5 are nothing new, but Tuesday's crop included two particularly choice morsels: a reputable source claiming that pre-orders could begin as early as Sept. 30, and actual visual evidence that LTE will be involved.
- Fusion Garage's Grid Series Tablet and Smartphone: Forget JooJoo?
August 18 2011 10:54 AM
Fusion Garage is back in the headlines these days, hoping to put the dark days of the CrunchPad/ JooJoo behind them with a brand new Grid 10 tablet and Grid 4 smartphone.
- Board Members, More Hackers Protest BART Cell Cutoff
August 18 2011 10:52 AM
BART has been under fire from a number of directions since its decision to cut off cell phone service to stymie a planned protest -- most recently from BART's own board members and yet another breach of a BART web site.
- Amazon's GovCloud Launched to Attract US Government Deals
August 17 2011 7:12 PM
On Tuesday, Amazon launched Amazon Web Services GovCloud, an overture to the recent push in the United States government toward reducing its substantial IT costs -- as well as a clear signal to competitors in the cloud-computing marketplace.
- 27,000 South Koreans vs. Apple in Class-Action Suit
August 17 2011 5:45 PM
With a $26 million class-action suit against Apple, iPhone users have turned South Korea into the latest location-tracking battleground.
- UK Court Gives 2 Men 4 Years for Facebook Posts
August 17 2011 5:02 PM
In the UK, the scapegoating of social media over the recent riots has reached such a fever pitch that a court has handed down harsher than usual sentences to two men who neither rioted nor caused a riot.
- HP Gets 'Interest' in WebOS for Cars, Appliances
August 17 2011 5:00 PM
HP sees a world in which WebOS drives our cars and washes our clothes.
- Google TV, Meet Motorola Mobility?
August 17 2011 8:25 AM
The announcement of Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility has led to two major suppositions: that A} it was motivated by a desire to put the company into a better position in the growing war of patents between the major tech companies, and B) that this will jump-start Google's entry into the hardware side of its Android division (and possibly cause friction between the company and other manufactures of Android OS smartphones).
- Frustration, Pretending Highlight 'Americans and Their Cell Phones' Survey
August 17 2011 8:23 AM
A new report by the Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project provides some insight about "Americans and Their Cell Phones".
- Verizon Tells Striking Workers: No Health Insurance After August
August 17 2011 8:20 AM
The saga of the Verizon workers' strike has reached a bitter milestone with the company threatening to cut off all health and medical benefits.
- Microsoft Launches 'Building Windows 8' Pre-Release Blog
August 16 2011 6:50 PM
On Monday, Microsoft launched a new blog, Building Windows 8, "an open dialog with those of you who will be trying out the pre-release version over the coming months."
- Security and Developer Improvements are Focus of New Firefox 6
August 16 2011 5:11 PM
Firefox 6 has been released, continuing Mozilla's new rapid-release schedule and offering a number of new features -- although, some say, perhaps not quite a full version's worth.
- Galaxy Tab Ban Only Good in Europe, Says German Court
August 16 2011 2:48 PM
The court that granted Apple's request for injunction on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has revised its ruling, and the device is no longer banned outside of Germany.