- Natural Disasters Displace More People Than Conflict: Study
September 17 2014 3:27 PM
The number of people displaced by natural disasters around the world has doubled since the 1970s.
- South Sudan Orders Companies To Hire Locals, Fire Foreign Staff
September 17 2014 7:54 AM
Companies and agencies operating out of South Sudan will now have to justify to the labor ministry their decisions to hire foreign staff.
- Australia Announces $6.35M More To Fight Ebola
September 17 2014 2:04 AM
With the latest pledge, Australia's total contribution to fight off the deadliest Ebola outbreak in history stands at more than $7 million.
- The iPhone 6 Reviews Are In
September 17 2014 1:11 AM
Most reviewers favored the smaller, less expensive model.
- Tony Stewart Could Face Criminal Charges For Ward Jr.’s Death
September 16 2014 10:08 PM
The three-time NASCAR top series champion says he will continue to cooperate with the investigation.
- Ebola 'Potential Threat To Global Security'
September 16 2014 5:03 PM
President Obama will send U.S. troops as part of the international response to combat Ebola in West Africa, he said in a televised statement.
- Pistorius Mulling Trial Memoir
September 16 2014 4:25 PM
Oscar Pistorius, acquitted of the most serious charges in the death of Reeva Steenkamp, now considers writing about the trial.
- 'We Wouldn't Even Be Talking About An Epidemic Today'
September 16 2014 3:08 PM
Experts say President Barack Obama's plan to contain Ebola is months late.
- Is Obama's Ebola Plan Coming Too Late?
September 16 2014 8:59 AM
Obama is expected to give specifics about his plan to militarily combat Ebola in Africa on Tuesday. Experts say he should have acted sooner.
- Qatar Denies Arming Libyan Rebels
September 16 2014 8:22 AM
Qatar denied a claim by Libyan Prime Minister Abdullah al-Thinni that the country supplied rebel forces with planes and weapons.
- 12 Nigerian Soldiers Face Death Penalty For Mutiny
September 16 2014 1:36 AM
The soldiers were convicted for revolting against their commanding officer by throwing stones and shooting at him in a May incident.
- US To Send 3,000 Troops To Fight Ebola
September 16 2014 1:14 AM
President Barack Obama is expected to announce the military deployment and $500M in aid for Ebola-affected regions in Africa.
- Microsoft Running Xbox One Games In A Browser: Report
September 15 2014 5:48 PM
Cloud computing could herald the end of console gaming as we know it.
- Motorola Refreshes Moto 360 Stock; Moto X (2014) Pre-Order
September 15 2014 11:55 AM
Motorola's smartwatch sold out in two hours earlier this month.
- 500 Feared Dead In Migrant Shipwreck Off Malta
September 15 2014 9:02 AM
Around 500 migrants were said to be on the boat that traffickers rammed and sank.
- Libyan Prime Minister Accuses Qatar, Sudan Of Arming Rebels
September 15 2014 8:09 AM
Libya's prime minister said that three military planes loaded with weapons landed at a rebel-held airport, about five miles east of Tripoli.
- ISIS Finds New Loyalists In Algerian Al Qaeda Splinter Group
September 15 2014 1:23 AM
The new group, reportedly named "soldiers of the Caliphate in Algeria," accused al Qaeda of “deviating from the true path.”
- Obama Plans To Enhance US Efforts To Fight Ebola
September 15 2014 1:11 AM
The Wall Street Journal reported that President Barack Obama is expected to make the announcement on Tuesday.
- Libyan PM Accuses Qatar Of Sending Planes With Weapons To Tripoli
September 14 2014 7:27 PM
Analysts say Libya is turning into a conflict zone for competing regional powers.
- Ebola Fight Hit By Western Apathy, Lack Of Aid
September 14 2014 5:05 AM
"We know what needs to be done but we don't know why it's not being done. It's incomprehensible to us," an MSF doctor in the region said.