- Schoolgirls Abducted By Boko Haram Freed, 8 Still Missing
April 17 2014 2:51 AM
Boko Haram militants had duped the schoolgirls into thinking they were soldiers who had come to protect them, before abducting them.
- Angola Strikes Oil
April 16 2014 5:37 PM
After decades of turmoil, Angola is on the verge of catapulting to the top ranks of the world’s energy economy.
- Nigeria - Open For Business And Full Of Opportunities
April 16 2014 3:33 PM
One of Nigeria's appeals is a debt-to-GDP ratio under 11 percent, according to Verod Capital.
- These Are The Days That Try Philip Morris Executives' Souls
April 16 2014 11:03 AM
Among other concerns, Philip Morris in the first quarter struggled against stricter anti-tobacco legislation and tax hikes in its key markets.
- Why Diagnosing Malaria Could Be A Billion-Dollar Business
April 16 2014 5:41 AM
A startup has attracted attention from multinationals and the U.S. Navy for a malaria-diagnosing device that costs pennies per person.
- Google's Focus On Mobile Brings Fatter Earnings
April 15 2014 6:43 PM
Wall Street analysts expect Google to increase revenue and earnings in the first quarter of 2014.
- Libya To Export First Oil Since Rebel Deal
April 15 2014 11:06 AM
Libya is a major supplier of oil for Mediterranean refineries, and sustained oil exports from the country should lower Brent crude prices.
- Google Search Could Soon Favor Encrypted Websites
April 14 2014 5:39 PM
Google's PageRank algorithm, the secret recipe for ranking high in search results, could begin to favor sites that protect Web visitors.
- Google To Host, Live Stream Project Ara Developer’s Conference
April 14 2014 1:31 PM
Google this week will host a developer's conference for Project Ara, its interchangeable smartphone hardware concept.
- Russia, China Eye Natural Gas Deal By May
April 14 2014 9:19 AM
Earlier, Russia's Deputy Premier Arkady Dvorkovich went to China as part of a delegation to discuss cooperation in the energy sector.
- 71 Killed In Nigeria Bus Station Bombing Near Capital
April 14 2014 9:12 AM
Suspicion fell on Boko Haram, though there was no immediate claim of responsibility from slamists who are mainly active in the northeast.
- How To Tell If Your Cell Phone Is Made With Conflict Minerals
April 11 2014 5:45 AM
The U.S. SEC now requires registered companies to report the presence of conflict metals in their supply chains.
- Listen To This - Google Chrome Bug Could Let Websites Spy On Your Conversations
April 10 2014 3:36 PM
The bug could give malicious websites access to Chrome-generated transcripts of conversations within earshot of a computer's microphone.
- Supercell Releases "Clan Wars" For "Clash of Clans"
April 09 2014 6:26 PM
Mobile game "Clash of Clans" has released a new game feature, "Clan Wars."
- Nigeria Energy Company Seplat's IPO Is One For The Record Books
April 09 2014 1:53 PM
The IPO - dually listed on London and Lagos exchanges - raised 300.9 million pounds, or roughly $500 million.
- Pistorius Cross Examined In Murder Trial
April 09 2014 1:17 PM
The South African sprinter cried on the stand, as he faced cross examination from the prosecution.
- China's Oil Thirst Entails Sudan Diplomacy
April 09 2014 11:04 AM
Beijing's policy of nonintervention in oil-producing countries is becoming a bit more flexible.
- Amid Rhino Poaching Epidemic, Officials Weigh Best Policies To End It
April 09 2014 9:08 AM
Rhinoceros poaching in Africa is on the rise, and experts debate whether legalizing trade in their horns could help save the animals.
- African Pop Star Dencia Attacks Lupita Nyong'o Over Lancome Deal
April 08 2014 10:14 PM
Dencia slammed the Hollywood star on social media following her speech at the Essence Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon on Feb. 27.
- Pistorius Breaks Down As He Recounts Steenkamp's Death
April 08 2014 2:11 PM
It was the second day on the witness stand for Oscar Pistorius.