- Ethiopia And Egypt Clash Over Massive Dam
April 08 2014 11:26 AM
International groups have asked Ethiopian officials to examine the plant's environmental impact, but to-date a report has not been produced.
- How Some Countries Are Planning Future Of The Internet
April 08 2014 11:22 AM
In conjunction with Wikileaks, 23 nations will discuss human rights and the internet in São Paulo later this month.
- 'Help Wanted' Sign Posted For Booming Nigerian Economy
April 07 2014 5:04 PM
Nigeria is officially the largest economy in Africa, and multinationals are investing in talent from the diaspora to keep things moving.
- Oscar Pistorius Takes The Stand
April 07 2014 2:25 PM
Oscar Pistorius testified at his trial about the alleged murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
- 'I'm Scared To Sleep', Tearful Pistorius Tells Court
April 07 2014 12:09 PM
Oscar Pistorius took the stand on Monday in an emotional testimony.
- Motorola Bringing A Plus One To Moto X Party
April 07 2014 11:46 AM
Motorola said it would release a followup to the Moto X this summer, and reports say the phone will be called the Moto X+1.
- 'Inequality Has Been Rising' In Africa's New Top Economy
April 07 2014 10:42 AM
Nigeria has just displaced South Africa as the world's most robust economy, but problems persist.
- Rwanda Mourns 1994 Genocide [PHOTOS]
April 07 2014 8:28 AM
The Rwandan government has barred France from attending events marking the anniversary of the genocide.
- Libya's Oil Port Situation: A Ray Of Light
April 07 2014 8:17 AM
Two eastern ports are reopening, and further talks are planned to reopen other larger ports.
- How To Reach Out To Africa's Booming Middle Class - Via Text
April 04 2014 8:09 PM
One enterprising computer scientist is using mobile phones for communication and compensation.
- Oscar Pistorius Set To Testify
April 04 2014 2:00 PM
Oscar Pistorius will testify in his murder trial.
- Ebola The Killer? Yes, But A Lot Less Than Other Diseases
April 04 2014 11:06 AM
The outbreak of the virus in West Africa captivates the public’s imagination, but people should fear it less than HIV and other diseases.
- Egyptian 'Military Inc.' Takes Charge Of Economic Development
April 03 2014 2:26 PM
Reasserting control of the Suez Canal Development Project, the military now seems to have everything in its hands -- for better or worse.
- Ebola Outbreak Won't Become An Epidemic, Experts Say
April 03 2014 9:24 AM
Fears that the killer Ebola virus will spread beyond areas already affected by an ongoing outbreak are overblown, experts say.
- Will Doctors Start Using An Experimental Ebola Drug In Guinea?
April 03 2014 6:45 AM
Canadian scientists appear close to finding an Ebola treatment thanks to U.S. funding, and some are speculating that it could be used in the current outbreak.
- Same-Sex Military Couples Suffer As Pentagon Drags Heels On Host Pacts
April 02 2014 5:22 PM
Most couples posted overseas are unable to get the same benefits as married heterosexuals.
- Amazon Jumps Into The Set-Top Box Fray
April 02 2014 11:42 AM
Amazon announced Fire TV, a hands-free alternative to Apple TV and the Google Chromecast.
- Mr. Jomaa Goes To Washington: A Breath Of Fresh Air From Tunisia’s ‘Arab Spring’ Revolution
April 02 2014 9:56 AM
Sustaining Tunisia’s successes will require more financial and political support from the U.S., Europe and Tunisia’s neighbors.
- Here's How Cell Phones Could Help Fight Malaria
April 02 2014 6:05 AM
Doctors in Africa are using text messages to help fight malaria.
- Why Do Zebras Have Stripes?
April 01 2014 5:27 PM
A new study poses an explanation to why zebras have black-and-white stripes on their bodies.