- Watch: Bill Gates Takes The Ice Bucket Challenge To Another Level
August 15 2014 3:19 PM
Gates becomes the latest tech titan to get wet for Lou Gehrig's Disease.
- Tech Titans Help Drive Ice Bucket Challenge Tally To $9.5 Million
August 15 2014 1:17 PM
Tech helps the Ice Bucket Challenge go viral.
- ‘Pharming’ Tobacco May Aid In Deadly Ebola Outbreak
August 15 2014 11:13 AM
Scientists are using tobacco plants to extract complex proteins that could aid in the deadly Ebola outbreak.
- Ebola Outbreak 'Vastly Underestimated,' Warns WHO
August 15 2014 2:13 AM
The U.N.'s health agency warns that the reported number of Ebola cases drastically underestimates the scale of the outbreak.
- Alabama Prisons Facing 'Serious' Tuberculosis Outbreak
August 14 2014 9:11 PM
The worst outbreak since 2009 follows a year of no cases of TB in Alabama prisons.
- Pope Warns Against Being 'Secularized And Materialistic'
August 14 2014 8:19 PM
Pope Francis, traveling in a Kia while in South Korea, cautioned bishops about caring more about "worldly" successes than the Gospel.
- Flipboard App Rolling Out Video Ads
August 14 2014 1:06 PM
Flipboard joins other social networks Facebook and Instagram in using video ads.
- You Thought That App Was Off? Look Again
August 14 2014 11:26 AM
A growing number of smartphone apps are tracking your location — even when they're not being used. Here's how to turn them off.
- Apple Bans Two Toxic Chemicals From Manufacturing Process
August 14 2014 11:03 AM
Apple has banned the use of two toxic chemicals from being uses in its factories in China.
- Intel, Michael J. Fox Foundation To Battle Parkinson's With Wearables
August 14 2014 10:51 AM
Wearables could transform data collection methods scientists use to try to treat Parkinson's.
- New Study Explains How The Ebola Virus Works
August 14 2014 8:30 AM
According to WHO’s latest update, the number of people killed by Ebola in West Africa has increased to 1,069.
- Ebola Deaths Climb To 1,069, Guinea Declares Emergency
August 14 2014 3:58 AM
The current Ebola outbreak was first detected in Guinea, in the beginning of the year, and has killed 377 people in the country so far.
- Nigerian Nurse Skips Ebola Quarantine To Travel 6 Hours Home
August 13 2014 12:18 PM
The nurse treated Patrick Sawyer, a Liberian-American man who died of Ebola in Lagos. She traveled nearly 300 miles despite her supposed quarantine.
- Samsung’s Oculus Rift Competitor Uses Smartphone Display
August 13 2014 11:34 AM
Samsung is reportedly working with Oculus VR on a headset that will use its upcoming phablet.
- New York Times Reporter In Sierra Leone To Answer Ebola Questions On Reddit [LINK]
August 13 2014 11:21 AM
Solomon has been reporting on the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone first-hand since Aug. 2. He'll be taking all questions at 1 PM.
- Amazon’s Local Register Undercuts Square, PayPal Here
August 13 2014 9:10 AM
The retail giant is offering sizable discounts for early adopters.
- Egypt's Army Killed Hundreds In 2013 Protests: Report
August 13 2014 9:05 AM
Human Rights Watch has found that Egyptian security forces likely committed "crimes against humanity" last year.
- Ugandan Lawmakers To Frame New Anti-Gay Legislation
August 13 2014 8:05 AM
The move by Ugandan lawmakers comes just two weeks after a local court scrapped a draconian anti-gay law enacted in February.
- South Sudan Peace Talks Falter, UN Threatens Sanctions
August 13 2014 4:19 AM
The U.N. Security Council said that it is "prepared to impose consequences" if the fighting in South Sudan continues.
- A Crackdown On American Ivory Dealers
August 12 2014 6:35 PM
New data shows auction houses are unwittingly contributing to a growing illegal market for ivory.