- Amazon Jumps Into The Set-Top Box Fray
April 02 2014 11:42 AM
Amazon announced Fire TV, a hands-free alternative to Apple TV and the Google Chromecast.
- Mr. Jomaa Goes To Washington: A Breath Of Fresh Air From Tunisia’s ‘Arab Spring’ Revolution
April 02 2014 9:56 AM
Sustaining Tunisia’s successes will require more financial and political support from the U.S., Europe and Tunisia’s neighbors.
- Here's How Cell Phones Could Help Fight Malaria
April 02 2014 6:05 AM
Doctors in Africa are using text messages to help fight malaria.
- Why Do Zebras Have Stripes?
April 01 2014 5:27 PM
A new study poses an explanation to why zebras have black-and-white stripes on their bodies.
- Drones - The Postmodern Traffic Reporters
April 01 2014 5:27 AM
After decades of congestion in Johannesburg, two media outlets will use drones to help listeners and viewers avoid heavy traffic.
- 3,300-Year-Old Egyptian Tomb Reveals Elaborate Burial Rites Of Ancient Elite
March 31 2014 5:01 PM
Archaeologists digging at the ancient Egyptian site of Abydos uncovered an elaborate 3,300-year-old tomb that once boasted a 23-foot pyramid at its entrance.
- These Satellites Are Certain To Assist Africa's Development
March 31 2014 4:02 PM
At the U.N. Africa Forum in Brussels this week, officials will discuss plans to use data from satellites to help deal with climate change and promote development.
- South Sudan's Oil Field War
March 31 2014 10:35 AM
Riek Machar tells IBTimes that the opposition is headed for the Paloch oil fields, but civilian fighters have motivations of their own.
- What's The Story Behind Morocco World News?
March 29 2014 10:28 AM
Conflict, controversy and biased “outside” media coverage drew two brothers back to their native land to create an alternative voice from the ground up.
- Facebook's Connectivity Lab: Drones, Lasers Will Bring Rest Of World Online
March 28 2014 2:41 PM
Facebook's Connectivity Lab is developing technology to connect the two-thirds of the world without Internet access.
- BlackBerry: Keyboards Are The Key
March 28 2014 11:56 AM
Focus will be on the keyboard form-factor after the failed launch of the touchscreen Z10.
- The EU's Natural Gas Alternatives: Devil Is In The Details
March 27 2014 3:09 PM
Putin's Crimea annexation has sparked a new EU urgency to find energy supplies outside of Russia, but weaning will be slow and difficult.
- Why A Palladium Fund Has Launched In South Africa
March 27 2014 6:24 AM
Palladium and platinum are part of South Africa's prominent mining sector for the precious metals.
- Motorola To Charge 'Premium' Price For The Moto 360 Watch?
March 26 2014 6:19 PM
Motorola Mobility has not released details about the price or specs of the Moto 360 smartwatch, but consumers can expect it to cost at least as much as one of the company's smartphones.
- The Diego Garcia Dispute: Time To Resolve International Disagreements
March 26 2014 4:51 PM
Forty-six years ago, in violation of international law and UN resolutions, Great Britain seized the Chagos Archipelago from Mauritius.
- An Ebola Outbreak's Multi-Layered Costs
March 26 2014 7:14 AM
The Ebola virus can have a long-lasting and complex impact, even after the outbreak is over. Here's why.
- Is This Region The New Beer Frontier?
March 25 2014 6:08 AM
While beer markets in the U.S. lag, brewers in another region are about to thrive.
- LG Tweets G Watch As Release Date Approaches
March 24 2014 4:07 PM
LG tweeted a clearer look at the G Watch, the first Android Wear smartwatch release.
- US Takes First Measures Against Uganda's Anti-Gay Law
March 24 2014 3:19 PM
The Obama administration has taken its first steps in retaliation against Uganda's adoption of a law that sentences gays to life in prison.
- A New Wind In Africa: Kenya Plans Largest Clean Energy Project
March 24 2014 10:58 AM
Lake Turkana Wind Power Project reps finalized a $870M agreement to finance one of the largest clean energy ventures on the continent.