- German Software Giant SAP To Invest $500M In Africa
August 20 2014 4:12 AM
The business software giant, in a bit to tap into Africa's demographic dividend, will train 10,000 IT consultants.
- Nigerian Soldiers Mutiny, Refuse To Fight Boko Haram
August 20 2014 1:39 AM
Boko Haram fighters have been reported to be far better equipped than the Nigerian army soldiers sent to fight them.
- Microsoft Releases Reddit App For Xbox One
August 19 2014 1:54 PM
Xbox Live users can now browse Reddit from the comfort of their console.
- American Airlines Hires Ink Global To Relaunch 'American Way'
August 19 2014 11:24 AM
In-flight titles like "American Way" will get a digital makeover.
- 'Fragile Progress' In Fight Against Ebola
August 19 2014 9:16 AM
A full recovery in West Africa may be months away, but a cautious Nigerian response has kept the viral disease isolated there.
- Liberia Brings Back 17 Escaped Ebola Patients
August 19 2014 8:14 AM
Liberia had been searching for the missing patients while Guinea said that many sick Liberians had started crossing the border.
- West Africa Ebola Toll Passes 1,200
August 19 2014 5:44 AM
The WHO is working with the U.N.'s World Food Programme to deliver food to 1 million people living in Ebola quarantine zones in West Africa.
- Pistorius Faces Multiple Verdict Possibilities
August 18 2014 3:50 PM
The Olympic sprinter's testimony is expected to be crucial to the ruling.
- Murdoch Says Google Worse Than NSA
August 18 2014 12:51 PM
The media mogul took to Twitter this weekend to voice more criticism of the search giant's "privacy invasion."
- WHO Calls On Ebola-Hit Countries To Screen Departing Travelers
August 18 2014 12:02 PM
Despite the low risk of transmission by air travel, the U.N. health agency says passengers should be checked before leaving.
- Nigerian Woman Suspected To Have Ebola Dies In Abu Dhabi
August 18 2014 6:55 AM
Her husband and the five doctors who treated her in Abu Dhabi have been isolated and are being checked for possible infection.
- Unidentified Warplanes Fly Over Tripoli Amid Explosions
August 18 2014 2:40 AM
In July, the U.S. shut down its embassy in Libya, while the British embassy suspended operations there earlier this month.
- Fed Interest Rate Policy Making Economists Nervous
August 17 2014 4:56 PM
Economists hope the Federal Reserve doesn't wait too long before it starts raising interest rates.
- 3 African Doctors Get Experimental Ebola Drug
August 16 2014 11:13 PM
The first Africans to receive the experimental ZMapp Ebola treatment are Liberian doctors working to fight the outbreak.
- Hamas Rejects Egyptian Cease-Fire Proposal
August 16 2014 6:47 PM
Hamas says negotiations on a seaport and airfield must be part of cease-fire talks.
- Watch: Bill Gates Takes The Ice Bucket Challenge To Another Level
August 15 2014 3:19 PM
Gates becomes the latest tech titan to get wet for Lou Gehrig's Disease.
- Tech Titans Help Drive Ice Bucket Challenge Tally To $9.5 Million
August 15 2014 1:17 PM
Tech helps the Ice Bucket Challenge go viral.
- ‘Pharming’ Tobacco May Aid In Deadly Ebola Outbreak
August 15 2014 11:13 AM
Scientists are using tobacco plants to extract complex proteins that could aid in the deadly Ebola outbreak.
- Ebola Outbreak 'Vastly Underestimated,' Warns WHO
August 15 2014 2:13 AM
The U.N.'s health agency warns that the reported number of Ebola cases drastically underestimates the scale of the outbreak.
- Alabama Prisons Facing 'Serious' Tuberculosis Outbreak
August 14 2014 9:11 PM
The worst outbreak since 2009 follows a year of no cases of TB in Alabama prisons.