- Need A Diagnosis For Malaria? There’s An App For That
September 24 2014 12:18 PM
That's just one of the most promising products launched by entrepreneurs in Africa at a startup conference in Lagos.
- Google X Founder Leaves Glass, Driverless Cars For Education
September 24 2014 11:33 AM
Thrun helped launch Google Glass and the driverless car project.
- UN To Convene Meeting To Discuss Ebola Action
September 24 2014 1:51 AM
The U.N. has estimated it will cost $1 billion to tackle the Ebola outbreak, and that it could affect 21,000 people by November.
- Europe Criticized For Allowing Conflict Mineral Trade
September 23 2014 7:02 PM
As European politicians debate their conflict mineral policies, human rights groups look to the U.S. as a model.
- Why Microsoft Keeps Buying Overseas Companies
September 23 2014 4:37 PM
American tech companies continue to use offshore profits to expand their portfolios rather than repatriate funds.
- Google Ends Mandatory Google Plus Signups For Apps
September 23 2014 11:19 AM
Google services like Drive and Gmail no longer require signing up for the social network.
- 1.4 Million Ebola Cases By January?
September 23 2014 11:13 AM
The CDC gave its best- and worst-case scenarios for the Ebola virus outbreak, which may reach more than a million cases by early 2015.
- Ebola Cases Could Soar To 21K By November
September 23 2014 1:53 AM
Ebola cases in West Africa have increased to 5,800 and the virus has killed more than 2,800 people so far.
- ISIS-Linked Group In Algeria Threatens To Execute French Hostage
September 23 2014 1:36 AM
An al Qaeda splinter group named Jound al Khilafa, or "Soldiers of the caliphate," claimed responsibility for the abduction.
- Apple Isn't Shutting Down Beats, But It May Rebrand
September 22 2014 5:42 PM
The company denied a report Monday that said the streaming service was done for.
- Ebola Fears Hang Heavy Over Lagos Tech Conference
September 22 2014 4:36 PM
Ebola fears, logistics hold back some entrepreneurs from Nigeria tech conference.
- The X-Wing Got A Paint Job For “Star Wars: Episode VII”
September 22 2014 3:01 PM
The newest installment in the beloved franchise will be more colorful.
- Boko Haram Leader Claimed Killed By Cameroon Army
September 22 2014 11:29 AM
Abubakar Shekau, whose forces are accused of thousands of civilian deaths and kidnappings since 2009, is reportedly dead (again).
- Sierra Leone Declares 3-Day Lockdown A ‘Success’ Amid Mistrust
September 22 2014 9:07 AM
Authorities in Sierra Leone have declared a three-day national lockdown a “success,” but some residents remain wary of health workers.
- Rhino Poaching Suspects Arrested In Kruger National Park
September 22 2014 7:49 AM
South Africa National Parks said that the arrests were made on Sunday after a rhino was found dead in Kruger National Park.
- Second Spanish Priest Infected By Ebola Flown To Madrid
September 22 2014 6:58 AM
The virus has claimed the lives of nearly 2,500 people and the U.N. has said that the world needs $1 billion to tackle the outbreak.
- Gold iPhone 6 Selling For $4,128 On Streets Of Beijing
September 21 2014 10:31 PM
A delay in selling the iPhone 6 in China has created a robust grey market for the device.
- Forty Migrants Missing After Raft Sinks Near Libya: Italy Coast Guard
September 21 2014 3:59 PM
Italian authorities sent boats to the scene and 55 people have been rescued.
- Bomb Kills Three Policemen, Including Witness Against Morsi
September 21 2014 2:15 PM
The Ajnad Misr militant group claimed responsibility for the blast in a statement posted on its official Twitter account.
- Ebola Outbreak Quickens Pace, With 500K Cases By February: CDC
September 21 2014 12:04 PM
Ebola virus disease cases are doubling every three weeks now that outbreak has moved into urban areas.