- BRICS Development Bank To Be Based in Shanghai
July 15 2014 4:58 PM
The institution is designed to compete with the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
- Pistorius Involved In Altercation At South African Nightclub
July 15 2014 12:18 PM
Oscar Pistorius, currently on trial for the murder of Reeva Steenkamp, was involved in an argument at a South African nightclub last weekend.
- Libya Mulls International Security Force After Airport Attack
July 15 2014 11:42 AM
About 90 percent of planes and vehicles were destroyed in the attack.
- Benghazi Embassy Attack Suspect Found Dead In Custody
July 15 2014 2:33 AM
Shibli was said to have contact with al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP, and was questioned by the FBI last March.
- Oscar Pistorius Breaks Silence, Quotes Holocaust Survivor
July 14 2014 10:14 PM
Oscar Pistorius took to Twitter and apparently shared suicidal thoughts a year after killing girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
- French Ban Free Shipping, Amazon Charges 1 Cent
July 14 2014 6:44 PM
Amazon may not be able to offer free shipping in France, so it's doing the next best thing.
- 'Don't Call Me A Political Novelist': Nadine Gordimer
July 14 2014 6:31 PM
Few knew Nadine Gordimer's work better than Robert Boyers, the editor of a small literary magazine to which she would submit work ahead of the New Yorker and Harpers.
- Architects Look To Slums As Models For Sustainable Living
July 14 2014 2:30 PM
The word "sustainable" isn't often associated with slums. But planners say densely populated poor neighborhoods could be used as models for green living.
- Nadine Gordimer, Nobel Laureate And Activist, Dies At Age 90
July 14 2014 11:37 AM
South African writer and anti-apartheid activist Nadine Gordimer died on Monday.
- UN Moves Staff Out Of Libya As Clashes Close Tripoli Airport
July 14 2014 1:18 AM
The airport was struck by rockets followed by heavy gunfire Sunday forcing international carriers to cancel flights.
- Eight Killed In Blasts In Egypt's Sinai Region
July 13 2014 8:43 PM
- Pope Says 2 Percent Of Priests Are Pedophiles
July 13 2014 8:06 PM
Pope Francis says he will handle the church's sexual abuse scandal "with the seriousness it requires."
- The World's Worst Corporate Human Rights Violators
July 11 2014 1:53 PM
Samsung is again struggling to defend itself against human rights violations, but the company is far from alone in the corporate world.
- Al-Shabab Storms Presidential Palace In Mogadishu
July 08 2014 1:13 PM
Nine people were killed in the attack, which was believed to be the work of suicide bombers.
- Global Fight Against Poverty Is A Study In Contradictions
July 08 2014 6:54 AM
A UN report, published to assess the progress of countries toward achieving the MDG 2015 goals, betrays a lopsided trend.
- Apple Releases iOS 8 Beta 3: How To Download The Latest iPhone Software
July 07 2014 5:16 PM
Apple has released the third beta of iOS 8 to developers, but iPhone fans willing to pay can also grab it from the official website.
- VPN Users Subvert Hulu Blockade, Continue Streaming
July 07 2014 1:05 PM
Customers trying to watch Hulu with a virtual-private network have discovered new ways to subvert a company blockade and stream their favorite shows.
- Better Charge Your Devices Before Heading To The Airport
July 07 2014 10:47 AM
Citing unrest in the Middle East, TSA has announced that US-bound passengers are required to show their electronics -- and they must be charged.
- Typhoon Neoguri Barreling Toward Okinawa
July 07 2014 7:27 AM
Typhoon Neoguri threatens the Japanese island of Okinawa and could turn into a Category 5 hurricane.
- Is This The First Case Of Ebola In Ghana?
July 07 2014 7:23 AM
In what might be the first case of Ebola in the country, Ghana has quarantined a suspected case in the capital city of Accra.