- Shark Attack Tally Rises At World’s Deadliest Beach
March 24 2014 6:57 AM
Port St. Johns' Second Beach in South Africa has been called the deadliest beach in the world, and it lived up to that reputation on Saturday.
- Tough Trees Transforming Moroccan Desert
March 23 2014 11:18 AM
A biotech company has patented a hybrid tree species that can grow in the toughest environments and will be used to create biofuel.
- Motorola Hints At Moto 360 Watch Specs
March 22 2014 12:13 PM
Teasing details about the Moto 360 smart watch, one of the first wearables powered by Android Wear.
- Top 10 Features Of Google's New Smartwatch OS
March 22 2014 10:19 AM
Google announced its new platform for wearables, Android Wear. What are the most interesting features of the new watch OS?
- Here's A Study That Coffee Addicts Will Love
March 21 2014 1:39 PM
A 2013 study found that data collected on about 500,000 subjects point toward coffee’s positive impact on at least one vital organ.
- Show Me The Money: Tunisia Illustrates Region's New Economic-Political Dilemma
March 21 2014 11:43 AM
Demands from desperate unemployed youth mount as Tunisia's fifth government since the 2011 Arab Spring grapples with a faltering economy.
- Will The Coffee, Cocoa, Wheat Price Rally Endure?
March 21 2014 11:40 AM
Bad weather and disease have sent wheat, cocoa and coffee prices surging this year.
- More Fruit And Less Wheat For Moroccan Farmers
March 20 2014 9:08 PM
The Moroccan government is overhauling agriculture policies that date back decades, but change isn’t cheap.
- Sustainable Coffee – Trendy Catchphrase Only Captures Small Slice
March 20 2014 8:37 PM
One controversial October 2013 report from KPMG even concluded that sustainable coffee farming can marginalize poorer farmers who can’t afford demanded upgrades.
- Pistorius To Sell Home Where He Killed Girlfriend To Pay Legal Expenses
March 20 2014 4:24 PM
The South African sprinter is expected to have heavy costs to pay for his delayed trial.
- Amazon's Mystery Phone Sounds Like Project Tango
March 20 2014 3:48 PM
One analyst suspects Amazon will release a smartphone with six cameras before the year ends.
- Remembering Mandela With Merlot -- Would Nelson Approve?
March 20 2014 1:10 PM
Two of Nelson Mandela’s relatives created a winery bearing the family name -- and it’s going global.
- Here's Why Some African Currencies Have Hit Record Lows
March 20 2014 11:11 AM
The currencies of Zambia, Ghana and Nigeria are at record lows thanks to two key factors. Here's the lowdown.
- South Africa Records A Continental Aviation First
March 19 2014 11:45 AM
South Africa's Comair Limited is the first African Company to order the 737 MAX 8 aircraft from Boeing.
- LG G Watch, Motorola Moto 360 Coming Later This Year
March 18 2014 2:49 PM
Motorola and LG have announced smartwatches powered by Google's Android Wear, the LG G Watch and Moto360.
- Google Unveils Smartwatch Plans With ‘Android Wear’ Program
March 18 2014 1:20 PM
Google's new program plans to bring the company's mobile operating system to wearable tech.
- Can A Knowledge Economy Boost Egypt And Tunisia?
March 18 2014 6:44 AM
The countries' new constitutions have provisions to protect intellectual property rights in an attempt to foster a “knowledge economy.”
- Cancer In 3,000-Year-Old Skeleton May Show Evolution Of Disease
March 17 2014 7:01 PM
Scientists have discovered what they believe to be the oldest known evidence of metastatic cancer in a 3,000-year-old skeleton found in an ancient tomb in Sudan.
- Pistorius Knew South African Gun Safety Rules, Court Told
March 17 2014 5:17 PM
The Olympian was aware of South African firearms and self-defense laws.
- Google Sheets Goes Down, Along With Hangouts, Talk
March 17 2014 4:08 PM
Google says that Sheets, along with Hangouts and Talk have gone down, although users are reporting issues with Google Drive and other Docs.