- HTC M8 Photos Purportedly Leak Online
February 06 2014 9:53 AM
Pictures of the HTC M8, the code name for the next iteration of the company's flagship One, may have leaked online.
- Susan Wojcicki Named YouTube CEO
February 06 2014 7:15 AM
Susan Wojcicki has been named CEO of YouTube, as the video site struggles to grow ad sales for parent company Google.
- What Argentina Means For Frontier Market Investors
February 06 2014 5:54 AM
Political and economic volatility in Argentina has underscored how frontier markets can turn sour quickly.
- The East African Connection: Tanzania Holds Iranians, Pakistanis In Huge Heroin Bust
February 05 2014 2:37 PM
Some Tanzanians are also suspected of involvement in the drug trade.
- Fear Not, Emerging Markets: China Demands Goods
February 04 2014 1:30 PM
China's economy may not be growing as fast as before, but its demand for goods and commodities is as high as ever.
- What Satya Nadella Means For Microsoft
February 04 2014 1:13 PM
The new CEO makes his first comments indicating how he'll move the company forward as "One Microsoft."
- Gold Prices Below $1,200 Could Mean Production Cutbacks
February 04 2014 6:50 AM
The World Gold Council estimates that about 30 percent of the gold mining industry becomes unprofitable below $1,200 per ounce.
- Nigeria Could Soon Be Africa’s Biggest Economy – So What?
February 04 2014 6:47 AM
Nigeria’s current GDP is about $263 billion, while South Africa is hovering around $384 billion -- but what do the statistics really mean?
- 4,600-Year-Old ‘Provincial’ Pyramid Discovered In Egypt, Older Than Great Pyramid Of Giza
February 03 2014 6:46 PM
Archaeologists in southern Egypt have unearthed an ancient step pyramid built around 2600 BC. The pyramid was found near Edfu, the site of an ancient settlement located about 750 kilometers south of Cairo.
- New Delhi Raid Exposes Racial Tensions Between African Immigrants And Indians
February 03 2014 9:52 AM
A group of African women in India said they were attacked by a mob of Indian vigilantes as tensions rose.
- Nelson Mandela’s $4 Million Legacy
February 03 2014 9:20 AM
An upscale house in Johannesburg, book royalties and other assets will be divided among Mandela’s co-workers, family and former schools.
- African Union Summit Copes With Conflict, Plans For Peace
February 01 2014 4:16 PM
Agriculture was meant to be the theme of this week's AU summit, but CAR and South Sudan took center stage.
- Here’s Why These Tech Companies From Africa Have Huge Global Potential
January 31 2014 1:22 PM
These tech companies have made the Internet possible for users without smartphones – which is no small market.
- Will A South African Messaging App Sweep India's Mobile Market?
January 30 2014 6:37 PM
Mxit operates on an especially light data network, and you don't need a smartphone to use it.
- Google's Q4: A Mixed Outcome
January 30 2014 4:43 PM
Google offered mixed results in Q4 2013, as Wall Street analysts had expected higher earnings per share.
- Google Q4 Earnings Preview
January 29 2014 7:56 PM
Wall Street expects Google to post higher earnings for the third quarter of 2014 due to bigger ad revenue.
- Commodity Sector Outlook Got You Down? Consider This Metal
January 29 2014 12:31 PM
Quick: Name one commodity enjoying rising demand, flattening production and tightening inventories?
- Kenya Imposes Record Fine On Chinese Ivory Smuggler
January 29 2014 10:29 AM
Harsh sentences under strict new anti-poaching laws may help stem the illegal ivory trade in Africa.
- Private Equity Investment In South Africa Hit Record-Low Last Year
January 28 2014 4:00 PM
As the South African economy lags, private equity investors are less interested in the country, and looking instead to its high-growth neighbors such as Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria.
- Here's Why Abundant Platinum Stockpiles Are Bad News For Strikers, Prices
January 28 2014 10:55 AM
Telling stat: Citigroup analysts estimated that existing platinum supply rose 95 percent over the past six years.