- Google Footing The Bill For ‘Thousands’ Of Women To Learn How To Code
June 27 2014 11:04 AM
After a report in May revealed that only 30 percent of its employees are female, Google said it's trying to improve the situation.
- Ramadan 2014: When Is The First Day Of Muslim Holy Month?
June 26 2014 2:09 PM
The Fiqh Council of North America said the Muslim holy month of fasting called Ramadan will begin Saturday, June 28 and run for one month.
- Land Used For Opium Production At All-Time High
June 26 2014 10:21 AM
An increase in poppy cultivation in Afghanistan contributed to the rise.
- Nigerian Singer Adokiye Offers Herself To Boko Haram
June 26 2014 8:05 AM
The Islamist militant group Boko Haram abducted nearly 300 schoolgirls in the remote northeastern village of Chibok on April 14.
- Al Qaeda-Linked Attackers Raid Hotel In Central Somalia
June 26 2014 4:53 AM
Al Qaeda-linked group al Shabaab said it killed several guards and soldiers in the attack in town of Bulobarde.
- Moto 360 Watch Not Ready For I/O
June 25 2014 5:23 PM
Google said Wednesday that Motorola's Moto 360 watch will be released later this summer.
- Google Reaches Further Into Your TV
June 25 2014 3:12 PM
Google unveiled Android TV, a version of its mobile operating system for TVs and set-top boxes, at its annual developers conference.
- South Africa’s Miners Back To Work, But Business As Usual Will Take Time
June 25 2014 1:09 PM
South Africa's economy and mining companies could take months to recover from the historic strike.
- Android TV: App Developers Spill Google's Secret
June 25 2014 12:02 PM
Google unveils Android TV at its annual developers conference.
- At Least 21 Killed In Abuja, Nigeria, Explosion [PHOTOS]
June 25 2014 11:59 AM
Witnesses said the explosion occurred in Abuja's Emab Plaza.
- Google I/O 2014 Live Stream Starts Soon
June 25 2014 9:59 AM
Google will host a live stream of its largest annual event, including the keynote address and sessions throughout both days.
- The Top 11 Things To Look For At Google I/O
June 24 2014 4:50 PM
Google has a lot of projects in the pipeline leading up to I/O 2014 - here are 11 things to look out for at the conference.
- Boko Haram vs. Bill Gates: Terror Groups Foil Efforts To Eradicate Polio
June 24 2014 2:44 PM
Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan are the only places in the world where polio is still endemic, and all are beset by Islamic extremists.
- Is Nexus 6 Phone Release Date Still Set For Fall 2014?
June 24 2014 1:37 PM
LG is rumored to be developing a Nexus 6 for Google, despite earlier reports about Android Silver replacing the Nexus program.
- Boko Haram Kidnaps 91 People From Nigerian Villages
June 24 2014 7:51 AM
On Saturday, Boko Haram attackers also raged through towns near Chibok and Maiduguri killing at least 39 villagers.
- 'Massive Deployment' Needed To Fight Ebola
June 23 2014 11:00 PM
Doctors Without Borders is stretched to the breaking point in its battle against the deadly virus in West Africa.
- Mariam Ibrahim Has Been Released From Sudanese Prison
June 23 2014 5:01 PM
The ordeal of Ibrahim, sentenced to death for renouncing Islam, is finally nearly over.
- Samsung Unveiling Smartwatch At Google I/O
June 23 2014 3:19 PM
Samsung is reportedly planning to unveil its Android Wear smartwatch this week at Google's annual developers conference.
- Explosion In Nigeria Kills 8, Wounds 20
June 23 2014 12:09 PM
At least eight are reported dead following an explosion in Kano, Nigeria Monday.
- Young Al-Jazeera Journalist Baher Mohamed Sentenced To 10 Years
June 23 2014 10:30 AM
Baher Mohamed was a young journalist getting his career started when he was arrested in Cairo last year. He was sentenced Monday to 10 years in an Egyptian prison.