- Ugandan Lawmakers To Frame New Anti-Gay Legislation
August 13 2014 8:05 AM
The move by Ugandan lawmakers comes just two weeks after a local court scrapped a draconian anti-gay law enacted in February.
- South Sudan Peace Talks Falter, UN Threatens Sanctions
August 13 2014 4:19 AM
The U.N. Security Council said that it is "prepared to impose consequences" if the fighting in South Sudan continues.
- A Crackdown On American Ivory Dealers
August 12 2014 6:35 PM
New data shows auction houses are unwittingly contributing to a growing illegal market for ivory.
- Who Makes That Experimental Ebola Treatment?
August 12 2014 1:31 PM
The California company Mapp Pharmaceuticals has worked with the U.S. Army to develop a medicine that uses tobacco leaves.
- US To Send $180M In Food Aid To South Sudan
August 12 2014 12:46 PM
U.S. officials are concerned about widespread famine in South Sudan, as leaders fail to reach an agreement to end the civil war.
- Global Oil Demand Down As Global Economies Struggle
August 12 2014 12:14 PM
The International Energy Agency's monthly oil statistics suggest global oil demand in 2014 and 2015 will be lower than previously expected.
- 2 Liberian Doctors With Ebola To Get Last Doses Of ZMapp
August 12 2014 12:03 PM
The experimental drug that wasn't meant to be produced on a large scale for years is now being put into high priority production with U.S. help.
- Twitter: We Have Less Automated Traffic Than We Said
August 12 2014 11:43 AM
Twitter reports a sharp drop in the number of bots it counts as active users.
- US To Provide $180M For Food In South Sudan
August 12 2014 11:36 AM
The United States will provide approximately $180 million on Tuesday to help feed the people of South Sudan, the White House said, citing a risk of famine there.
- 'It Is Ethical To Offer Unproven Interventions'
August 12 2014 10:38 AM
After a lengthy public debate at the World Health Organization, the U.N. has endorsed treating Ebola patients with experimental drugs.
- Liberia, WHO Deny Use Of Experimental Drug In Ebola-Hit Nation
August 12 2014 1:19 AM
The experimental drug, which is not commercially available, has only been used on two Americans and a Spanish citizen.
- Agreements Reached In Israeli-Palestinian Talks
August 11 2014 10:31 PM
They did not include an agreement on a port for Gaza or a consensus on demilitarization.
- New Surface Pro 3 Ads Show Why Microsoft Still Doesn't Get Marketing
August 11 2014 5:30 PM
Is Redmond wise for trying to compare the Surface to the Macbook instead of the iPad?
- Add Africa To The Ex-Im Debate
August 11 2014 2:32 PM
American officials debating the continued necessity of the 80-year-old Ex-Im Bank have brought Africa into the discussion.
- BuzzFeed Primed To Expand
August 11 2014 10:55 AM
With a major cash infusion, the entertainment website plans to expand way beyond viral listicles and quizzes.
- Spain Imports ZMapp For Priest While Nigeria Confirms Another Ebola Case
August 11 2014 8:10 AM
The untested drug has so far been used on two Americans infected with Ebola, a virus that has killed nearly 1,000 people in West Africa.
- Mermaids Discovered In Nkandla, Blogger Claims
August 10 2014 7:06 PM
Two mermaids were discovered in Nkandla, South Africa, except they don't exist.
- Ebola Aid Workers Set To Return To The US
August 10 2014 2:35 PM
The missionaries are not sick and do not display symptoms of Ebola.
- Heavy Shelling Resumes In Libyan Capital Tripoli
August 10 2014 1:31 PM
The violence is the worst violence since the 2011 war that toppled Moammar Gaddafi
- Palestinians Appear Likely To Leave Cairo Sunday
August 09 2014 11:27 PM
A decision was to be made after a meeting on Sunday with Egyptian mediators.