- Privacy Group Grumbles Over Facebook Mood Experiments To FTC
July 03 2014 2:54 PM
The group is also asking Facebook to make the News Feed algorithm public.
- For Google, Porn Business Losing Its Sex Appeal
July 03 2014 12:53 PM
Google won't let its advertising partners use sexually explicit words. Will it now block adult content from search results too?
- US Cautions Travelers Over Uganda Airport Terror Threat
July 03 2014 11:15 AM
An unknown terrorist group may be launching an attack in the next few hours, the U.S. embassy said.
- Teen Who Hunts Endangered Animals In Africa Condemned By Humane Society
July 03 2014 11:09 AM
Kendall Jones, the Texas teen whose Facebook photos posing with endangered animals she hunted in Africa went viral, has a new enemy on her list: The Humane Society.
- US Discloses Secret Somalia Military Presence, Up To 120 Troops
July 03 2014 9:22 AM
U.S. military advisors have secretly operated in Somalia since around 2007 and Washington plans to deepen its security assistance to help the country fend off threats by Islamist militant group al Shabaab, U.S. officials said.
- Nearly 80 North African Refugees Lost At Sea, UN Reports
July 02 2014 12:54 PM
Scores of North African refugees are lost at sea after attempting to reach Italy for asylum.
- 'We Never Meant To Upset You'
July 02 2014 11:56 AM
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg apologized for the way a controversial study was "communicated" on Wednesday.
- Four Killed As Cargo Plane Crashes Into Nairobi Building
July 02 2014 1:40 AM
The plane was reportedly carrying a cargo load of a locally popular mild stimulant.
- Were You A Subject In Facebook’s Mood Experiment?
July 01 2014 5:05 PM
Facebook experimented on nearly 700,000 users but tinkering with their news feeds to see how it affected their emotions. But were you one of them?
- Teenage Trophy Hunter Called ‘Slut,’ Facing Death Threats
July 01 2014 4:58 PM
A 19-year-old game hunter was hoping for fame, but she got more than she bargained for after posting pictures of her trophy animals.
- WHO Ebola Meeting To Link Corporations, Doctors And Politicians
July 01 2014 4:40 PM
Mining companies and airlines are joining the fight against Ebola.
- Bomb Blast In Nigeria Leaves At Least 15 Dead
July 01 2014 12:22 PM
The latest attack by Nigeria's Islamic extremist group leaves at least 15 dead.
- Metalworkers In South Africa’s Biggest Union Now On Strike
July 01 2014 12:06 PM
Just a week after a record-breaking strike ended, another bigger one has started.
- This Teen Posts Photos With Endangered Animals She Hunted In Africa
July 01 2014 11:58 AM
Kendall Jones, a 19-year-old from Texas, is sparking outrage online for posting photos of herself smiling with dead animals—most of them endangered species—she gunned down while hunting big game in Africa.
- Boko Haram Intelligence Cell Leader Arrested
July 01 2014 6:58 AM
Two female suspects were also arrested during the military raid on a Boko Haram intelligence cell.
- Cameroon To Investigate World Cup Match-Fixing Allegations
July 01 2014 6:02 AM
A convicted Singaporean match-fixer called Wilson Raj Perumal accurately predicted the result of the game against Croatia.
- Eased Egyptian Subsidies To Spur Gas Investment
June 30 2014 2:58 PM
The move could attract new investment to the country’s natural gas fields as domestic energy prices float back to market rates.
- 1 Billion Facebook World Cup 'Interactions' Since Tournament Began
June 30 2014 11:16 AM
About 220 million Facebook users have been involved in more than 1 billion World Cup-relevant interactions since the tournament began June 12.
- Pistorius Not Mentally Ill During Steenkamp's Shooting
June 30 2014 9:07 AM
After breaking for a month to assess Oscar Pistorius' mental condition, the court resumed the trial on Monday.
- Mergers & Acquisitions At 7-Year High
June 30 2014 8:03 AM
Strong stock prices and cheap money combine to drive buyouts to seven-year high.