- Mariam Ibrahim Has Been Released From Sudanese Prison
June 23 2014 5:01 PM
The ordeal of Ibrahim, sentenced to death for renouncing Islam, is finally nearly over.
- Samsung Unveiling Smartwatch At Google I/O
June 23 2014 3:19 PM
Samsung is reportedly planning to unveil its Android Wear smartwatch this week at Google's annual developers conference.
- Explosion In Nigeria Kills 8, Wounds 20
June 23 2014 12:09 PM
At least eight are reported dead following an explosion in Kano, Nigeria Monday.
- Young Al-Jazeera Journalist Baher Mohamed Sentenced To 10 Years
June 23 2014 10:30 AM
Baher Mohamed was a young journalist getting his career started when he was arrested in Cairo last year. He was sentenced Monday to 10 years in an Egyptian prison.
- Mauritanian President Abdel Aziz Re-Elected With 82 Percent
June 22 2014 5:07 PM
- Pope Francis Calls For An End To Torture
June 22 2014 11:08 AM
Pope Francis called on Christians to end all forms of torture.
- More Than 300 Dead In Ebola Outbreak
June 21 2014 5:30 PM
Sierra Leone says criticism of its handling of the Ebola outbreak is unfair.
- 'Clash of Clans' Maker Supercell Unveils 'Boom Beach'
June 20 2014 7:41 PM
The developers behind the world's highest grossing app this week unveiled a "not sequel" to "Clash of Clans."
- Pope Francis Says No On Legalizing Marijuana
June 20 2014 8:06 AM
The pope railed against marijuana legalization while speaking at a drug-enforcement conference in Rome.
- Silicon Valley Jobs Overwhelmingly Held By White, Asian Males
June 19 2014 5:18 PM
Google, Yahoo! and LinkedIn revealed employee numbers by race and gender, and the results show huge gaps.
- iWatch Release Date Approaches, Larger Screen May Surprise Rivals
June 19 2014 5:16 PM
Apple intends to release the iWatch following a special event in October, and may surprise some with its choice of form factor.
- LG G Watch Price And Images Leak Online
June 19 2014 3:06 PM
A look at the start-up screen for the wearable that leaked online offers details about Google's plan for Android Wear.
- Yo Messaging App Reduces Conversations To 'Yo,' Raises $1 Million
June 19 2014 1:35 PM
A new app for iPhone and Android makes it easy to say "yo" to friends, a worthwhile preposition for investors who gave its team over $1 million.
- The Gender Gap: Google Discusses Diversity In Tech
June 18 2014 9:38 PM
Google asked female attendees of an Android developer conference how they could narrow the tech gender gap.
- Don't Feel Bad, Spain: World Cup Champions Rarely Win Again [GRAPHIC]
June 18 2014 7:29 PM
Spain's early elimination from the World Cup is not the first time a defending champion has gone home early.
- Why Apple Will Release The iPhone 6 In Mid-September
June 18 2014 4:28 PM
Some reports say Apple will release the iPhone 6 in August, but mid-September is more likely.
- Amazon Smartphone Release Date Arrives
June 18 2014 1:25 PM
Amazon won't live stream a video of its 3D smartphone unveiling.
- Piracy Emojis Create Confusion Among Hackers
June 18 2014 11:28 AM
Unicode's new list of 250 emoji symbols contains a "No Piracy" character that has left torrent users and hackers wondering exactly how often copyright law comes up in normal conversation.
- FedEx Kenya May Have Paid Government Bribes
June 18 2014 10:24 AM
The international shipping company is looking into an anonymous tip that its employees paid off government officials.
- South Africa Strikes Continue Amid More Union Demands
June 18 2014 10:08 AM
After weeks on strike, South African platinum miners are adding to their demands for the country’s producers.