- US Air Marshall Attacked With Syringe At Nigerian Airport
September 09 2014 2:22 AM
The contents of the syringe are not known but the air marshal was flown back to the US where he is now under observation.
- 5 Things Apple Must Do To Make iWatch A Hit
September 08 2014 5:26 PM
First-run Apple gadgets tend to be very simple, but one thing the iWatch must have is sex appeal.
- Ebola Travel Bans Hinder Medical Relief Efforts: UN Agency
September 08 2014 4:49 PM
The fear factor of Ebola is also hurting the African tourism industry.
- iWatch Will Support Facebook, Have Its Own App Store
September 08 2014 11:43 AM
Apple's new wearable will also contain sensors to monitor heart rate, motion and sweat.
- Germany Arrests Al-Shabab Suspects Returning From Kenya
September 08 2014 7:24 AM
Three German nationals travelling from Kenya and suspected of being al-Shabab members were arrested.
- UK Expert Scolds Big Pharma Over Dearth Of Ebola Research
September 07 2014 5:11 PM
An Oxford University professor says pharmaceutical companies could have done more before the virus broke out.
- Al-Shabab Names New Leader After Deadly US Airstrike
September 06 2014 5:54 PM
The Islamist group, a wing of al Qaeda, also pledged to take revenge over the death of Ahmed Abdi Godane last week.
- Sierra Leone's Ebola Lockdown May Drive People 'Underground'
September 06 2014 5:27 PM
Doctors Without Borders warned that Sierra Leone's plans for a three-day house arrest could exacerbate the spread of the Ebola virus disease.
- Renewed Fighting In Benghazi Between General And Islamists
September 06 2014 3:19 PM
The clashes are the worst since the fall of Gadhafi 2011.
- Sierra Leone Goes Into Lockdown To Fight Ebola
September 06 2014 2:59 AM
More than 21,000 people have been hired to implement the lockdown in Sierra Leone, one of the countries worst-hit by the Ebola virus.
- Third American Infected With Ebola Is 'Stable'
September 05 2014 9:03 PM
Rick Sacra returned from Liberia Thursday and was communicating with doctors treating him for Ebola within 24 hours.
- Mapping The Ebola Outbreak As Death Toll Tops 2,000
September 05 2014 4:50 PM
Updated map of the Ebola virus disease outbreak.
- Israelis Test Nigerian Visitor For Possible Ebola
September 05 2014 1:55 PM
“It is possible that she is suffering from another viral complaint," an Israeli hospital spokeswoman said.
- Ebola Death Toll Tops 2,000
September 05 2014 1:40 PM
The death toll in West Africa has surpassed 2,000 out of almost 4,000 cases, health officials announced Friday.
- US Airstrike Kills Al-Shabab Leader Ahmed Abdi Godane
September 05 2014 12:32 PM
The U.S. has killed the mastermind behind the most prominent Islamist terror group in Somalia.
- Motorola’s Moto 360 Is No Square
September 05 2014 10:34 AM
The first round smartwatch, available later today, has swappable leather and steel bands.
- UN Health Officials Discuss Ways To Rush Ebola Drug Trials
September 05 2014 8:38 AM
ZMapp, an experimental drug, has been administered to nearly 10 health workers, but WHO is working to disseminate other treatment options.
- USAID Pledges $75M On Ebola Care In Liberia
September 05 2014 2:34 AM
A fourth American patient to be infected by Ebola is expected to reach Nebraska on Friday and will receive the experimental drug ZMapp.
- UN Accuses Libyan Fighters Of Widespread Human Rights Abuse
September 05 2014 1:48 AM
The report also said that over six weeks of violence since July 13 has displaced nearly 100,000 people in LIbya
- One In 10 Girls Raped Or Assaulted By Age 20, UN Says
September 04 2014 11:29 PM
The report draws on data from 190 countries and paints a grim picture of the extent of physical and sexual violence against children.