- What Nigerians Bought Online In 2013
January 17 2014 3:33 PM
Cell phones and televisions top the list of most popular online retail orders in Nigeria.
- How 'Flying Donkeys' May Revolutionize African Economies
January 17 2014 1:57 PM
A weird new technology contest is calling on Africa's greatest minds to makes drones work for people, filling a niche long occupied by donkeys.
- General Electric - Talk About A Global Footprint
January 17 2014 12:06 PM
The company is considered a bellwether for the U.S. and global economy. Here's why.
- Tunisia’s $1 Billion Smuggling Problem
January 17 2014 10:39 AM
The World Bank reported that informal trade between Tunisia, Libya and Algeria is on the rise, but experts say intervention could be more expensive.
- Here's How To Get To The Deep Web, Where They Keep The Stuff You're Not Supposed To Find
January 17 2014 8:50 AM
This quick, easy-to-follow infographic shows you the pathway to the nefarious Deep Web.
- Platinum - Hardly An Example Of Sector Harmony
January 16 2014 12:13 PM
South African workers’ union strikes at platinum mines will continue to pressure an industry already struggling with lower prices and high costs.
- Bungie Releases New 'Destiny' Screenshots [PHOTOS]
January 16 2014 6:52 AM
Check out these first stills from the much-anticipated postapocalyptic action game.
- IMF Head Lagarde's Speech, In Tweets
January 15 2014 2:39 PM
Read this series of tweets to know all you need to know about what the IMF chief thinks about the global economy today.
- In The Central African Republic, One Mad Dog, Millions Of Ruined Lives
January 15 2014 11:01 AM
The world's thinking about South Sudan right now, but next door, one of the world's poorest nations is also dealing with a major crisis.
- H&M Sees Potential In Africa For Sales, Production
January 15 2014 8:48 AM
The global fashion firm is quickly growing.
- World Bank Economists: Global Economy Is Strengthening
January 15 2014 12:42 AM
The World Bank released its 2014 Global Economics Prospects report on Tuesday. Here are the highlights.
- Overfishing Causes Ecosystems To ‘Unravel,’ Fish Populations Can’t Recover After ‘Tipping Points’ Reached
January 14 2014 1:29 PM
Researchers in the U.S. analyzed fisheries data from around the globe, examining the domino effect that occurs after a particular fish population is harvested to depletion.
- Here’s Why Zambia Wants Africa-Wide Mining Standards
January 14 2014 11:33 AM
Zambia has announced a plan to standardize mining practices between African countries to keep foreign companies from overstepping labor standards.
- Globally, It's The Year To Vote
January 14 2014 11:17 AM
Among other locales, this year will see Turkey’s first directly elected president and Fiji’s first democratic parliamentary elections.
- Lions Vanishing From West Africa, Scientists Warn
January 13 2014 7:16 PM
The king of the jungle may be taking a leave of absence soon after new analysis of their populations says their going extinct.
- Flying Fish Get The Bird
January 13 2014 7:16 AM
A new study conducted by a South African university says this is the first confirmed record of freshwater fish preying on birds in flight.
- Dallas Club Sells Permit To Kill Endangered Rhino For $350,000
January 12 2014 1:45 PM
The controversial sale draws protests and even death threats.
- This Is How Much Kenya Processed In Mobile Banking In '13
January 10 2014 4:07 PM
A mobile-banking system called M-Pesa, founded in 2007, now has more than 17 billion users – which is good for both companies and customers.
- Whale Beer, Missing Time Travelers: The Week In Science
January 10 2014 11:42 AM
An Icelandic brewery dabbles in unusual flavors; scientists fail to turn up evidence of time travelers among us.
- Global Persecution Of Christians - A Horrific Trend
January 09 2014 2:38 PM
Reported cases of Christians killed for their faith have increased worldwide