- African Entrepreneur Knows What’s Next For Surging Economies
March 04 2014 5:39 AM
“People need to understand that we are 54 countries. There are 54 different mindsets..." he said.
- Peter Nyong’o, Brother Of ‘12 Years A Slave’ Oscar Winner Lupita Nyong’o, ‘Photobombs’ Ellen DeGeneres’ Selfie
March 03 2014 7:28 PM
Peter Nyong’o, Lupita Nyong’o’s younger brother and the Oscar-winning actress’ plus-one for the evening, managed to photobomb Ellen DeGeneres’ Oscars selfie, making his way into the most retweeted photo of all time.
- Windows Phone "Cortana" Leaks, Microsoft's Siri Killer
March 03 2014 12:59 PM
Windows Phone 8.1 will include Cortana, but will it unite Microsoft's Xbox One and Windows computers with mobile?
- Scotland Wants To Offer Asylum To Gay Ugandans
March 01 2014 10:48 AM
Minister For External Affairs, Humza Yousaf, writes formal letter urging support for persecuted Ugandans.
- Pistorius Murder Trial Begins Next Week
February 28 2014 12:08 PM
A year ago model Reeva Steenkamp was dead inside the bathroom of Pistorius’ home just over a year ago from gunshot wounds.
- In An Unequal World, What Really Holds Women – And Economies – Back?
February 27 2014 8:40 AM
A World Bank study found that changing one key social institution in Ethiopia made a big difference for women at work.
- Google Moves Forward With Project Ara
February 27 2014 7:24 AM
Google will hold a developer's conference and soon release a prototype of Ara, the smartphone with customizable hardware.
- Tunisia's New Spy Agency 'Is Entirely Inspired By The NSA'
February 26 2014 2:30 PM
An intelligence-gathering program born in Arab Spring has watchers worried the country is headed back in the direction where the trouble began.
- ‘Desert Breath’ Seen From Google Earth, Mysterious Spiral Symbolizes The ‘Passage Of Time’
February 26 2014 1:54 PM
A mysterious spiral spotted on Google Earth in an Egyptian desert is credited to an artist that created the installation artwork in March 1997.
- Uganda Passes An Anti-Gay Law, And Its Currency Drops
February 26 2014 1:34 PM
Norway, Denmark and the Netherlands are just a few countries rethinking their aid to Uganda after its president signed a law persecuting homosexuality.
- Don't Read This If You Expect To Be A Happy Retiree In The US
February 26 2014 11:47 AM
One nation rules when it comes to satisfied and happy retirees. And, no, it's not the United States.
- Boko Haram Slaughters 59 Students In Attack On Government-Run College
February 26 2014 6:29 AM
Boko Haram, whose name means “western education is sinful,” also reportedly burned down 24 buildings at the school.
- How Migrant Workers Are Shaping The Economies Of Home Countries
February 26 2014 6:01 AM
More than 230 million people were living outside the countries of their birth in 2013. Many of them sent money home.
- Drugs And Money Laundering: Q&A With Former Fed Bob Mazur
February 26 2014 6:00 AM
Mazur is an outspoken critic of the way governments and banks combat money laundering, the drug cartels' lifeblood.
- Frontier Market Currencies 'Significantly Overvalued' [CHART]
February 25 2014 7:25 AM
And you'll never guess where the biggest overvaluation exists, which ran current account deficits of 12 percent to 40 percent of GDP.
- What's The Deal With The BRICS Development Bank?
February 25 2014 5:41 AM
In 2013, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa announced a plan to create a development bank, but progress has been slow.
- Report: Google Smartwatch Will Be Made By LG
February 24 2014 8:20 PM
Google is reportedly gearing up to release a smartwatch operating system, followed by a wearable product later this year.
- Next-Gen YotaPhone Sports Dual Touchscreen Displays
February 24 2014 3:05 PM
Yota announced at MWC 2014 that the latest YotaPhone release will spec a fully touchscreen e-Paper display and 5-inch 1080p screen.
- What's Next For Uganda's Gays After Repressive Bill Passes?
February 24 2014 1:48 PM
How will gay and lesbian Ugandans be affected after President Museveni signed a harsh anti-gay bill into law on Monday?
- The Lowdown On Firefox's $25 Phone
February 24 2014 1:11 PM
Mozilla has announced a project to produce a $25 smartphone for emerging markets; but how does it compare to others?