- Kenya's Donkey Meat - China's Hot New Import?
February 24 2014 12:51 PM
Kenya is getting it's first ever donkey meat slaughterhouse to feed the high demand coming from China.
- The Egyptian Stock Market Response, After Government Shake-Up
February 24 2014 10:39 AM
Markets in Egypt aren’t heavily impacted by the mass government resignations announced on Monday.
- A Steamy Debut For America's New Approach To Africa
February 21 2014 12:52 PM
President Obama's Power Africa initiative is just gearing up with a groundbreaking geothermal project in Ethiopia.
- Not Everyone Is Excited About Mugabe’s $600K Birthday Party
February 21 2014 11:50 AM
Some lifestyle tips from the man who once called himself “the Hitler of our time.”
- How Much Money Do International Immigrants In The US Send Home?
February 21 2014 7:44 AM
The amount of money flowing out of the U.S. in the form of remittances has almost tripled in the last 20 years.
- Libyan Military Plane Crash Kills 11 In Tunisia
February 21 2014 6:27 AM
Army units, medical personnel and civil protection services reportedly rushed to the scene to put out the fire and extract the bodies.
- WhatsApp’s Global Competitors
February 20 2014 8:41 PM
Mxit, Kik and Viber are just a few WhatsApp competitors gaining popularity in global markets.
- In Nigeria, Sanusi’s Ouster Fuels Worries About Corruption
February 20 2014 11:11 AM
Nigeria’s central bank governor has been dismissed after months of tension with the country's president over corruption allegations.
- Somaliland: An African Success Story
February 19 2014 2:22 PM
Somaliland is a haven of free-market policies and entrepreneurship.
- Why Private Equity Likes Africa
February 19 2014 12:37 PM
According to a new report from Ernst & Young, bigger private equity firms are taking notice of potential in African countries.
- Could Leicester Become UK’s First Asian-Majority City?
February 19 2014 10:38 AM
Leicester has the highest proportion of Indians or British Asians anywhere in the country.
- How Morocco Is Prospering As A Tourist Destination
February 19 2014 6:22 AM
As security concerns hurt tourism in much of North Africa, Morocco has emerged as the “safe” way to visit the region – and it's making the most of it.
- American Sues Ethiopian Government For Spying
February 18 2014 4:50 PM
The plaintiff -- referred to as “Mr. Kidane” in the lawsuit -- claimed the spyware wiretapped his Skype calls and monitored his family’s computer use.
- Which Countries Are Most Dangerous For Drivers?
February 18 2014 2:14 PM
The Transportation Research Initiative released a study analyzing the fatality rate of drivers in various countries.
- Is China Colonizing Africa? Jane Goodall Thinks So
February 18 2014 10:57 AM
Animal activist and researcher Jane Goodall compared Chinese investment in Africa to British colonialism.
- Raw Footage From Hijacked Ethiopian Jet Released
February 17 2014 8:32 PM
Footage from inside the cabin shows passengers calmly reacting to an in-flight crisis.
- PS4 Japan Release Date Feb. 22
February 17 2014 12:00 PM
Sony's next-gen PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan on Feb. 22.
- Kenya Seeks To Stem HIV By Massive Condom Distribution
February 15 2014 10:52 AM
About 9.1 percent of married couples have HIV/AIDS, well above the national rate of 5.6 percent.
- Is This Kenyan Flower Company Worth A $5M Bet?
February 14 2014 12:38 PM
A South African private equity firm recently bought a $5 million stake in a Kenyan flower company. Here’s why.
- Commodities Could See Fall-Out From Emerging Markets Unrest
February 13 2014 3:23 PM
Gold, platinum and soybeans are among those markets most at risk, Goldman Sachs said.