- Lions Vanishing From West Africa, Scientists Warn
January 13 2014 7:16 PM
The king of the jungle may be taking a leave of absence soon after new analysis of their populations says their going extinct.
- Flying Fish Get The Bird
January 13 2014 7:16 AM
A new study conducted by a South African university says this is the first confirmed record of freshwater fish preying on birds in flight.
- Dallas Club Sells Permit To Kill Endangered Rhino For $350,000
January 12 2014 1:45 PM
The controversial sale draws protests and even death threats.
- This Is How Much Kenya Processed In Mobile Banking In '13
January 10 2014 4:07 PM
A mobile-banking system called M-Pesa, founded in 2007, now has more than 17 billion users – which is good for both companies and customers.
- Whale Beer, Missing Time Travelers: The Week In Science
January 10 2014 11:42 AM
An Icelandic brewery dabbles in unusual flavors; scientists fail to turn up evidence of time travelers among us.
- Global Persecution Of Christians - A Horrific Trend
January 09 2014 2:38 PM
Reported cases of Christians killed for their faith have increased worldwide
- Toxic Spill Threatens S. Africa’s Biggest Game Reserve
January 09 2014 8:17 AM
Spillage from a fertilizer plant near Kruger National Park led to a “massive” fish kill last week. Will the bigger animals be next?
- How Poorly Did Commodities Fare In 2013?
January 08 2014 10:11 AM
Three of four major types of commodities fared poorly, on boosted global supply and fears over U.S. monetary policy.
- Anti-Smoking Crusade Saved Millions Of American Lives; Number Of Smokers Worldwide Hit 1 Billion; High Smoking Prevalence In China, Russia Offsets Global Gains
January 08 2014 9:32 AM
Anti-tobacco measures have saved millions of lives in the U.S., and other countries, even as the number of smokers increased worldwide.
- 18 Striking Images Of Life In A South Sudanese Refugee Camp
January 08 2014 5:50 AM
As violence continues to envelop South Sudan, just under 200,000 residents have been displaced from their homes by the fighting.
- What's At Stake In The South Sudan Peace Talks
January 07 2014 11:22 AM
Talks between Riek Machar and President Kiir supporters are underway; the future of the world's youngest country hangs in the balance.
- Will Kenya Be A Middle-Income Country by 2030?
January 07 2014 6:47 AM
A new factor may affect Kenya's growth rate adversely in 2014.
- Air Algerie To Buy 14 New Aircraft
January 06 2014 8:00 AM
Airbus and Boeing start 2014 with solid order from Air Algerie.
- BlackBerry BBM For Android To Add Voice, Channels
January 04 2014 7:46 AM
BlackBerry is testing a beta of BBM for Android that will update the Messenger app to include free voice calls and the BBM Channels social network.
- Is It Time For Africa To Get Serious About Cybersecurity?
December 30 2013 2:20 PM
A new regulatory framework on Internet crime is up for a vote at the next African Union summit.
- Top 10 Best Tech Gadgets Of 2013
December 29 2013 10:45 AM
Which ones will have real staying power?
- The US In South Sudan: New Conflict Tests Long-Term Relationship
December 27 2013 6:11 PM
Washington has played a key role in South Sudan's independence and development, but the new conflict is testing old ties.
- A Huge, Chronic Developing Country Problem
December 27 2013 11:27 AM
The poorest countries in the world, especially in Africa, lose the most to corruption as a percentage of GDP.
- UN To Double Peacekeeping Force In South Sudan
December 25 2013 11:10 AM
Death toll from the past 10 days of violence rises to thousands, the United Nations said.
- Why BlackBerry Canceled Two Budget Phones
December 24 2013 1:09 PM
BlackBerry was forced to write off more than $1.6 billion in unsold inventory in its third quarter.