- Air Algerie To Buy 14 New Aircraft
January 06 2014 8:00 AM
Airbus and Boeing start 2014 with solid order from Air Algerie.
- BlackBerry BBM For Android To Add Voice, Channels
January 04 2014 7:46 AM
BlackBerry is testing a beta of BBM for Android that will update the Messenger app to include free voice calls and the BBM Channels social network.
- Is It Time For Africa To Get Serious About Cybersecurity?
December 30 2013 2:20 PM
A new regulatory framework on Internet crime is up for a vote at the next African Union summit.
- Top 10 Best Tech Gadgets Of 2013
December 29 2013 10:45 AM
Which ones will have real staying power?
- The US In South Sudan: New Conflict Tests Long-Term Relationship
December 27 2013 6:11 PM
Washington has played a key role in South Sudan's independence and development, but the new conflict is testing old ties.
- A Huge, Chronic Developing Country Problem
December 27 2013 11:27 AM
The poorest countries in the world, especially in Africa, lose the most to corruption as a percentage of GDP.
- UN To Double Peacekeeping Force In South Sudan
December 25 2013 11:10 AM
Death toll from the past 10 days of violence rises to thousands, the United Nations said.
- Why BlackBerry Canceled Two Budget Phones
December 24 2013 1:09 PM
BlackBerry was forced to write off more than $1.6 billion in unsold inventory in its third quarter.
- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The World According To Goldman Sachs: Map
December 24 2013 8:25 AM
What are Goldman Sachs' favorite investment and economic themes for 2013?
- The Lowdown On Wikipedia's New Draft Feature
December 23 2013 4:30 PM
Will the new "draft" feature on Wikipedia help improve content quality?
- Justine Sacco Apologizes Following AIDS-Africa Tweet
December 22 2013 10:52 AM
Justine Sacco apologized following the outrage over her AIDS-Africa tweet that got her fired as IAC's PR chief.
- US Aircraft Hit By Gunfire In South Sudan, Four Injured
December 21 2013 7:04 PM
The U.S. aircraft came under fire while approaching the evacuation site in war-torn South Sudan.
- Is Ethiopia Targeting The Opposition With Violence?
December 20 2013 10:34 AM
An opposition party has compiled an exhaustive record of alleged government human rights abuses. Will it make a difference?
- Ethiopia's 'Festival Of A Thousand Stars' - Diversity In The Cradle Of Humanity [PHOTOS]
December 19 2013 1:15 PM
Arba Minch is known to few Westerners other than U.S. military personnel who fly drones from there, but its colorful festival could change that.
- Violence in South Sudan: If Not A Coup, Then What?
December 18 2013 2:43 PM
The death toll is rising as ethnic tensions worsen, but former vice president Riek Machar denies involvement.
- Ford Plans Biggest Lineup Of New Rides Ever For 2014
December 18 2013 11:05 AM
Ford's ambitious 2014 new-vehicle rollout will introduce 23 new models across the globe.
- Africa's Smartphone: Can It Break Foreign Companies’ Hold On Mobile Market?
December 18 2013 7:16 AM
On CZ Electronics' phone - the firm says competing with foreign firms' to create a cheaper model won’t be easy.
- What Aliko Dangote Is Planning
December 17 2013 11:16 AM
Nigerian Aliko Dangote plans to invest $16 billion across infrastructure projects in the energy, agricultural and construction sectors in Africa.
- Moto G Review: The Cheapest Off Contract Android Phone
December 17 2013 9:45 AM
The Moto G is a good value, and offers a smooth Android experience, but has its flaws.