- What I Learned From The Late Shirley Temple Black, A Capable Diplomat
February 12 2014 8:52 PM
Shirley Temple served as US diplomat to Ghana and Czechoslovakia.
- South Africa's Leading Leftist Politician Dodges A Legal Bullet
February 12 2014 12:50 PM
An expelled member of the African National Congress has started his own party based on left-leaning economic ideas.
- You Won't Believe AK-47 Maker Kalashnikov's Turnaround Plan
February 12 2014 11:28 AM
Cost cutting will be coupled with production increases, with Kalasnikov's CEO commenting regarding finances: "The situation is difficult."
- Why China Is Rolling The Dice In Zimbabwe
February 12 2014 10:16 AM
The southern African country is relying on Chinese funds to revitalize its shaky economy.
- African Mobile Marketers Get Creative To Reach Consumers Without Smartphones
February 12 2014 5:39 AM
Mobile marketing experts talked to IBTimes about how advertisers can reach a growing consumer base in Africa.
- 'Badland': Like 'Flappy Bird,' But Good
February 11 2014 5:00 PM
Mobile gamers are scrambling to get their "Flappy Bird" fix need look no further than "Badland," a dark, immersive one-tap side-scroller.
- Algerian Military Plane Crashes, Killing More Than 100 People
February 11 2014 11:21 AM
Algeria has not witnessed a major plane crash in more than 10 years.
- Why Unpopular Gold Mining Stocks Could Outperform Gold In 2014
February 10 2014 9:24 AM
The call to switch to gold mining stocks is increasingly popular among industry experts.
- What’s Ahead For African Women In Tech? 'Geekettes' Speak Out
February 08 2014 3:03 PM
Africa is in the middle of a tech boom -- how are women doing relative to their male counterparts in the sector?
- Opening Ceremony A Big Show In Sochi
February 08 2014 12:01 PM
The 2014 Winter Olympics come at a high cost, which was was on full display at Fisht Stadium.
- Islamic Finance Isn't Just About Religion -- It's Also Good Business
February 07 2014 4:26 PM
Shariah-compliant finance is gaining ground worldwide -- and religion isn’t the only reason.
- Here Are 2014’s First Measles Outbreaks
February 07 2014 4:23 PM
A new report says nearly 14 million people were saved by measles vaccines from 2000 to 2012.
- Why Is Cricket Changing Its Revenue Model?
February 07 2014 3:07 PM
India wants a greater share of revenues since it generates an estimated 80% of global cricket income.
- This Man's Agricultural Device Could Revolutionize Nigerian Economy
February 07 2014 12:35 PM
A U.S.-educated Nigerian engineer has invented a “one-stop-shop” processing machine to help farmers save money –- but is anyone interested?
- Tone-Deaf in The Arab World, Or Why Power And People Don't Talk
February 07 2014 12:22 PM
Schoolchildren across the Arab world learn rules that make little sense, and this disconnect from reality turns into political conflicts later.
- Congo Park Seeks Tourists Again, Despite Conflict And Proposed Oil Drilling
February 07 2014 10:32 AM
Although armed rebels no longer threaten the country’s famous Virunga National Park, which is rebounding, threats persist.
- HTC M8 Photos Purportedly Leak Online
February 06 2014 9:53 AM
Pictures of the HTC M8, the code name for the next iteration of the company's flagship One, may have leaked online.
- Susan Wojcicki Named YouTube CEO
February 06 2014 7:15 AM
Susan Wojcicki has been named CEO of YouTube, as the video site struggles to grow ad sales for parent company Google.
- What Argentina Means For Frontier Market Investors
February 06 2014 5:54 AM
Political and economic volatility in Argentina has underscored how frontier markets can turn sour quickly.
- The East African Connection: Tanzania Holds Iranians, Pakistanis In Huge Heroin Bust
February 05 2014 2:37 PM
Some Tanzanians are also suspected of involvement in the drug trade.