- Income Inequality Worsening, And Not Just In US
December 24 2013 8:56 AM
With the surge in GDP in China, India, Brazil and Russia, disparity of wealth has taken on a decidedly global tone.
- The World According To Goldman Sachs: Map
December 24 2013 8:25 AM
What are Goldman Sachs' favorite investment and economic themes for 2013?
- The Lowdown On Wikipedia's New Draft Feature
December 23 2013 4:30 PM
Will the new "draft" feature on Wikipedia help improve content quality?
- Justine Sacco Apologizes Following AIDS-Africa Tweet
December 22 2013 10:52 AM
Justine Sacco apologized following the outrage over her AIDS-Africa tweet that got her fired as IAC's PR chief.
- US Aircraft Hit By Gunfire In South Sudan, Four Injured
December 21 2013 7:04 PM
The U.S. aircraft came under fire while approaching the evacuation site in war-torn South Sudan.
- Is Ethiopia Targeting The Opposition With Violence?
December 20 2013 10:34 AM
An opposition party has compiled an exhaustive record of alleged government human rights abuses. Will it make a difference?
- Ethiopia's 'Festival Of A Thousand Stars' - Diversity In The Cradle Of Humanity [PHOTOS]
December 19 2013 1:15 PM
Arba Minch is known to few Westerners other than U.S. military personnel who fly drones from there, but its colorful festival could change that.
- Violence in South Sudan: If Not A Coup, Then What?
December 18 2013 2:43 PM
The death toll is rising as ethnic tensions worsen, but former vice president Riek Machar denies involvement.
- Ford Plans Biggest Lineup Of New Rides Ever For 2014
December 18 2013 11:05 AM
Ford's ambitious 2014 new-vehicle rollout will introduce 23 new models across the globe.
- Africa's Smartphone: Can It Break Foreign Companies’ Hold On Mobile Market?
December 18 2013 7:16 AM
On CZ Electronics' phone - the firm says competing with foreign firms' to create a cheaper model won’t be easy.
- What Aliko Dangote Is Planning
December 17 2013 11:16 AM
Nigerian Aliko Dangote plans to invest $16 billion across infrastructure projects in the energy, agricultural and construction sectors in Africa.
- Moto G Review: The Cheapest Off Contract Android Phone
December 17 2013 9:45 AM
The Moto G is a good value, and offers a smooth Android experience, but has its flaws.
- Interpreter At Mandela Service Denies Crimes
December 14 2013 8:13 PM
The sign language interpreter’s criminal record was first revealed on Friday by a South African news outlet.
- Did Fake Interpreter Hallucinate At Mandela Service?
December 12 2013 10:57 AM
The fake sign language interpreter admitted he suffers from schizophrenia and claims he saw "angels come to the stadium" at Mandela's memorial service.
- $50 Billion Worth Of Oil Revenue Unaccounted For By Nigerian State Oil Company
December 11 2013 11:55 AM
Where did Nigeria's $50 billion of oil revenue go?
- Mandela Ceremony Service Sign Language Interpreter Is A ‘Fake’
December 11 2013 9:22 AM
The Deaf Federation of South Africa claims the sign language interpreter at Nelson Mandela's memorial service was a "fake."
- Think Everyone's Honoring Mandela? Not These People
December 10 2013 5:29 PM
Conservative U.S. politicians have praised Nelson Mandela, but some of their supporters lobbed racial insults at the deceased South African president.
- Former Barclays Exec Partners with African Billionaire In Banking Project
December 10 2013 2:51 PM
Bob Diamond is asking investors for $250 million to fund a new venture with African billionaire Ashish Thakkar.
- For Paul Salopek, A Long Walk In A Fast World
December 10 2013 1:08 PM
The journalist is on a seven-year journey from Ethiopia to Chile, on foot. As he employs the oldest possible mode of transport, he focuses on remaining connected.
- World Gathers In South Africa To Honor Nelson Mandela's Life
December 10 2013 12:11 PM
Obama and three former U.S. presidents were among the thousands who paid tribute to Nelson Mandela in Soweto, outside Johannesburg.