- 'Spiraling Out Of Control'
September 03 2014 8:59 AM
The Ebola crisis is only going to get worse, a spokesperson for the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
- British Ebola Patient Discharged From Hospital
September 03 2014 7:59 AM
The health aid volunteer had contracted the virus while helping victims in a Sierra Leone clinic and was flown to Britain 10 days ago.
- Calais Mayor Threatens To Block Port In Immigrants Row
September 03 2014 4:02 AM
The northern French port town has seen a flood of immigrants fleeing war and famine, and trying to get to the UK.
- Apple's Blame-The-User Approach To Breach Won't Fix iCloud
September 02 2014 6:35 PM
The company's reputation as a maker of future-tech that "just works" took a big hit this week.
- Apple Denies Responsibility For Celebrity iCloud Hack
September 02 2014 3:46 PM
Apple says iCloud breaches were result of weak passwords.
- US Attack On Al-Shabab Shows Growing Presence In Africa
September 02 2014 2:42 PM
The U.S. strike in Somalia with drones and airplanes is part of a bigger picture, as American forces battle Islamic extremism in Africa.
- How Ebola Is Affecting West Africa's Economy
September 02 2014 1:45 PM
Amid the West African Ebola outbreak, analysts are worried about the long-term effects on already fragile economies.
- iPhone 6 Sales Will Likely Disappoint
September 02 2014 11:32 AM
Sales of Apple Inc.’s iPhone 6 won’t topple the 9 million record set in 2013, according to analysts. Here's why.
- Boko Haram Raid Kills Dozens
September 02 2014 8:05 AM
At least 70 people were killed overnight when Boko Haram seized control of the key northeastern town of Bama in Borno State.
- Japan Develops 'Simpler' Test To Diagnose Ebola
September 02 2014 6:26 AM
Japanese researchers at Nagasaki University claim the new test is faster and cheaper than the current method being used to detect Ebola.
- Experimental Ebola Vaccine To Be Tested On Humans
September 02 2014 3:31 AM
The FDA has skipped a step and waived pre-clinical trials, clearing the way for the vaccine to be tested on humans.
- US Military Conducts Operation Against Al-Shabaab
September 01 2014 8:27 PM
The Pentagon told CNN that U.S. military forces conducted an operation against Al-Shabaab in Somalia Monday.
- South Africa's Zuma Leads Talks On Lesotho Political Crisis
September 01 2014 6:42 AM
Thabane fled Lesotho for South Africa on Saturday, hours before the army surrounded his residence and overran police stations in Maseru.
- Sweden Quarantines Patient In Suspected Ebola Case
September 01 2014 2:24 AM
A young man suspected of having Ebola has been hospitalized in Sweden.
- Libyan Armed Faction Takes Over U.S. Embassy Annex In Tripoli
August 31 2014 8:22 PM
Main embassy believed secure.
- Libyan Rebels Break Into US Embassy In Tripoli
August 31 2014 10:43 AM
Rebels from various factions in Tripoli stormed the U.S. Embassy Sunday.
- Lesotho Military Denies Coup, Says Capital Normal
August 30 2014 1:43 PM
Embattled Prime Minister Thomas Thabane cried, "Coup." But the military says it is not attempting to take power from him.
- Ebola Drug Shows 100% Positive Result On Monkeys: Study
August 30 2014 5:43 AM
The experimental drug has so far cured two American doctors, but the company producing it says it has no more doses of the drugs.
- Reports Of Attempted Military Coup In Lesotho
August 30 2014 4:52 AM
Military units surrounded government and police buildings and gunfire was heard in the southern African kingdom on Saturday.
- Forget Big Pharma: Experimental Ebola Drugs Largely Funded By US
August 29 2014 7:33 PM
Ebola research has been funded far more by the government than by drug companies.