- Syngenta To Invest $500 Million In African Agriculture
September 30 2013 10:53 AM
The company hopes to build up a market among Africa's subsistence farming communities.
- Kenya Upset With US Over ‘Unfriendly’ Travel Warning
September 29 2013 9:29 PM
Kenya laid out reasons why travel warnings would only make a bad situation worse, but that didn’t stop the U.S. from issuing one.
- Terrorists Storm Nigeria College Dorm, Kill 50
September 29 2013 2:19 PM
At least 50 students were killed in their sleep by suspected Boko Haram militants on Sunday.
- Miss World 2013 Contestants: Meet The Bevy Of Beauties Vying For The Crown [PHOTOS]
September 27 2013 4:13 PM
Meet the 2013 Miss World contestants who will compete Saturday, Sept. 28 for the crown.
- Valve Reveals Steam Controller
September 27 2013 3:55 PM
Valve announced Steam Controller, which is the firm's third announcement this week.
- Bad News, Platinum Lovers: You May Want To Try Palladium
September 27 2013 3:09 PM
Platinum miners in South Africa face layoffs as one of the largest mining companies looks to cut its payroll.
- Chad Isn't An Oil Giant, But It Hopes To Triple Crude Output By 2015
September 27 2013 2:17 PM
The vast desert country hopes to see output of 300,000 barrels per day by 2015.
- Ethiopia Celebrates Meskel, A Christian Holiday All Its Own
September 27 2013 12:02 PM
For Orthodox Christian Ethiopians, Meskel marks the finding of the "true cross," and it's a huge, colorful event.
- Under Deal, College Athletes To Be Paid For Likeness Use By Electronic Arts
September 27 2013 12:01 PM
Electronic Arts has settled a lawsuit pertaining to the use of college athlete's likenesses for video games.
- How To Get A Tank In 'Grand Theft Auto 5'
September 26 2013 3:26 PM
Here's how to get a tank in "GTA 5."
- The Top 5 Cross-Platform Messaging Alternatives To BBM
September 26 2013 3:23 PM
International Business Times offers the top 5 cross-platform messaging app alternatives to text (SMS) messaging, available for mobile and desktop devices, in light of BlackBerry's failure to introduce BlackBerry Messenger as promised.
- SEC Charges Christian Video Game Company Founder With Revenue Inflation Scheme
September 26 2013 1:47 PM
The SEC has charged the founder of a Christian video game company with a serious crime.
- Soft Targets: Kenya Mall Shooting Raises Fears Of Similar Atrocities In India
September 26 2013 12:45 PM
Indian shopping centers have already increased security efforts since the 2008 attacks in Mumbai.
- Angola To Invest In Electricity, So As Not To End Up Like Nigeria
September 26 2013 9:45 AM
Angola wants domestic companies to help drive its $23 billion investment in electricity over the next few years.
- Africa's Growing Muslim Population Drives Surge In Islamic Banking
September 26 2013 9:22 AM
Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Botswana and Zambia are among the African nations adjusting to the continent's surge in Islamic banking.
- Watch Out, Nigeria: Uganda Has Oil Too
September 26 2013 9:05 AM
China further expands its footprint in Africa via a deal to develop Ugandan oil reserves.
- No More Drones At The Airport As Djibouti Pulls Plug On US Military
September 26 2013 7:50 AM
The drones have been banished to the desert, but Djibouti remains a major hub for U.S. counterterrorism ops in the Horn of Africa.
- Kenyan Shopping Mall Terror Attack: Were Indians Targeted?
September 26 2013 5:46 AM
Between 70,000 and 100,000 people of Indian origin -- constituting less than 1 percent of the population -- live in Kenya.
- Bono To Big Oil: Do What I Say, Not What I Do
September 25 2013 2:48 PM
Participants at this year's Clinton Global Initiative responded positively to Bono's dig at Big Oil.
- Valve Announces Steam Machines Coming In 2014
September 25 2013 2:33 PM
Valve announced Steam Machines today.