- Algerian Military Plane Crashes, Killing More Than 100 People
February 11 2014 11:21 AM
Algeria has not witnessed a major plane crash in more than 10 years.
- Why Unpopular Gold Mining Stocks Could Outperform Gold In 2014
February 10 2014 9:24 AM
The call to switch to gold mining stocks is increasingly popular among industry experts.
- What’s Ahead For African Women In Tech? 'Geekettes' Speak Out
February 08 2014 3:03 PM
Africa is in the middle of a tech boom -- how are women doing relative to their male counterparts in the sector?
- Opening Ceremony A Big Show In Sochi
February 08 2014 12:01 PM
The 2014 Winter Olympics come at a high cost, which was was on full display at Fisht Stadium.
- Islamic Finance Isn't Just About Religion -- It's Also Good Business
February 07 2014 4:26 PM
Shariah-compliant finance is gaining ground worldwide -- and religion isn’t the only reason.
- Here Are 2014’s First Measles Outbreaks
February 07 2014 4:23 PM
A new report says nearly 14 million people were saved by measles vaccines from 2000 to 2012.
- Why Is Cricket Changing Its Revenue Model?
February 07 2014 3:07 PM
India wants a greater share of revenues since it generates an estimated 80% of global cricket income.
- This Man's Agricultural Device Could Revolutionize Nigerian Economy
February 07 2014 12:35 PM
A U.S.-educated Nigerian engineer has invented a “one-stop-shop” processing machine to help farmers save money –- but is anyone interested?
- Tone-Deaf in The Arab World, Or Why Power And People Don't Talk
February 07 2014 12:22 PM
Schoolchildren across the Arab world learn rules that make little sense, and this disconnect from reality turns into political conflicts later.
- Congo Park Seeks Tourists Again, Despite Conflict And Proposed Oil Drilling
February 07 2014 10:32 AM
Although armed rebels no longer threaten the country’s famous Virunga National Park, which is rebounding, threats persist.
- HTC M8 Photos Purportedly Leak Online
February 06 2014 9:53 AM
Pictures of the HTC M8, the code name for the next iteration of the company's flagship One, may have leaked online.
- Susan Wojcicki Named YouTube CEO
February 06 2014 7:15 AM
Susan Wojcicki has been named CEO of YouTube, as the video site struggles to grow ad sales for parent company Google.
- What Argentina Means For Frontier Market Investors
February 06 2014 5:54 AM
Political and economic volatility in Argentina has underscored how frontier markets can turn sour quickly.
- The East African Connection: Tanzania Holds Iranians, Pakistanis In Huge Heroin Bust
February 05 2014 2:37 PM
Some Tanzanians are also suspected of involvement in the drug trade.
- Fear Not, Emerging Markets: China Demands Goods
February 04 2014 1:30 PM
China's economy may not be growing as fast as before, but its demand for goods and commodities is as high as ever.
- What Satya Nadella Means For Microsoft
February 04 2014 1:13 PM
The new CEO makes his first comments indicating how he'll move the company forward as "One Microsoft."
- Gold Prices Below $1,200 Could Mean Production Cutbacks
February 04 2014 6:50 AM
The World Gold Council estimates that about 30 percent of the gold mining industry becomes unprofitable below $1,200 per ounce.
- Nigeria Could Soon Be Africa’s Biggest Economy – So What?
February 04 2014 6:47 AM
Nigeria’s current GDP is about $263 billion, while South Africa is hovering around $384 billion -- but what do the statistics really mean?
- 4,600-Year-Old ‘Provincial’ Pyramid Discovered In Egypt, Older Than Great Pyramid Of Giza
February 03 2014 6:46 PM
Archaeologists in southern Egypt have unearthed an ancient step pyramid built around 2600 BC. The pyramid was found near Edfu, the site of an ancient settlement located about 750 kilometers south of Cairo.
- New Delhi Raid Exposes Racial Tensions Between African Immigrants And Indians
February 03 2014 9:52 AM
A group of African women in India said they were attacked by a mob of Indian vigilantes as tensions rose.