- What Aliko Dangote Is Planning
December 17 2013 11:16 AM
Nigerian Aliko Dangote plans to invest $16 billion across infrastructure projects in the energy, agricultural and construction sectors in Africa.
- Moto G Review: The Cheapest Off Contract Android Phone
December 17 2013 9:45 AM
The Moto G is a good value, and offers a smooth Android experience, but has its flaws.
- Interpreter At Mandela Service Denies Crimes
December 14 2013 8:13 PM
The sign language interpreter’s criminal record was first revealed on Friday by a South African news outlet.
- Did Fake Interpreter Hallucinate At Mandela Service?
December 12 2013 10:57 AM
The fake sign language interpreter admitted he suffers from schizophrenia and claims he saw "angels come to the stadium" at Mandela's memorial service.
- $50 Billion Worth Of Oil Revenue Unaccounted For By Nigerian State Oil Company
December 11 2013 11:55 AM
Where did Nigeria's $50 billion of oil revenue go?
- Mandela Ceremony Service Sign Language Interpreter Is A ‘Fake’
December 11 2013 9:22 AM
The Deaf Federation of South Africa claims the sign language interpreter at Nelson Mandela's memorial service was a "fake."
- Think Everyone's Honoring Mandela? Not These People
December 10 2013 5:29 PM
Conservative U.S. politicians have praised Nelson Mandela, but some of their supporters lobbed racial insults at the deceased South African president.
- Former Barclays Exec Partners with African Billionaire In Banking Project
December 10 2013 2:51 PM
Bob Diamond is asking investors for $250 million to fund a new venture with African billionaire Ashish Thakkar.
- For Paul Salopek, A Long Walk In A Fast World
December 10 2013 1:08 PM
The journalist is on a seven-year journey from Ethiopia to Chile, on foot. As he employs the oldest possible mode of transport, he focuses on remaining connected.
- World Gathers In South Africa To Honor Nelson Mandela's Life
December 10 2013 12:11 PM
Obama and three former U.S. presidents were among the thousands who paid tribute to Nelson Mandela in Soweto, outside Johannesburg.
- World Leaders Pay Tribute To Nelson Mandela At State Memorial Service
December 10 2013 11:58 AM
Dozens of world leaders appeared at Nelson Mandela's memorial service on Tuesday to pay respects to South Africa's iconic leader.
- Nelson Mandela Memorial - President Obama’s Speech (FULL-TEXT)
December 10 2013 10:12 AM
U.S. President Barack Obama delivered the following speech at a memorial for former South African president Nelson Mandela at Johannesburg
- 'Giant Of History' Mandela Honored By World Leaders
December 10 2013 7:36 AM
“It is hard to eulogize any man...how much harder to do so for a giant of history, who moved a nation towards justice,” President Obama said.
- As CAR Disintegrates, French And African Troops Roll In
December 10 2013 6:22 AM
French and African soldiers hope to stem the continent's latest civil war. How did the country in the heart of Africa reach this point?
- Zambia Versus Foreign Miners, Again
December 09 2013 4:14 PM
Leaders of Africa's biggest copper producer are ordering China’s Nonferrous Mining Corporation to halt production over environmental and worker concerns.
- What's Holding Back South Africa's Economy?
December 09 2013 1:09 PM
In 2014, the South African economy is projected to be one of the slowest in sub-Saharan Africa -- an otherwise fast-growing region.
- Dalai Lama, Netanyahu To Skip Nelson Mandela's Funeral
December 09 2013 12:23 PM
Dozens of world leaders plan to attend a memorial service for Nelson Mandela on Tuesday, but some prominent names won't be among them.
- Political Corruption In Uganda: It's Never Been Worse
December 09 2013 11:20 AM
Ugandan MPs voted to raise their salaries by 38 percent – to more than $8,000 per month (in a country with an annual per capita income of about $550).
- A Platinum Pinch In 2014?
December 09 2013 10:51 AM
High costs at South African platinum mine companies mean that supplies will be limited in the near future.
- Arctic Ice Melt Linked With Extreme Weather In US, Europe: Study
December 09 2013 2:28 AM
The findings further intensify a debate on the causes and role of global warming, and its impact on changing weather patterns across the globe.