“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 will return to ABC with guns blazing in March. The action-packed synopsis for the midseason premiere was revealed, and it seems that everything has changed for Coulson’s (Clark Gregg) team. In the episode 11, originally titled “Epidemic” but now known as “Aftershocks,” it won’t just be Skye (Chloe Bennet) dealing with a transformation. The whole cast will make major changes in their lives. For some of them, that might mean betraying those they trust.
1. Skye’s Father – Cal (Kyle MacLachlan) wanted to be the one to kill Whitehall (Reed Diamond). He was supposed to be the one to save Skye from the Hydra baddie, but Coulson shot Whitehall first. Cal “now seeks retribution against Coulson for stealing his revenge against Whitehall,” the synopsis teases.
2. Ward’s New Alliance –Ward’s (Brett Dalton) plan to get on Skye’s good side didn’t work, and it seems he may give up on the Inhuman. Ward will form “a disturbing alliance” with Agent 33. Since there is no actress listed as the Agent in the press release, we’re guessing she still has Melinda May’s (Ming-Na Wen) face.
3. Raina’s Powers – Remember how Raina (Ruth Negga) was all excited to find her powers and believed it would make her better somehow? That plan didn’t go so well. Like Skye, she “struggles with her transformation” and her powers. She “seeks vengeance” in the premiere—but who does she hold responsible? We also don’t know what her powers are, although we may have been given a glimpse in the “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 midseason premiere promo.
4. Mack Is Alive – Mack (Henry Simmons) was possessed by an alien and fell over 100 feet into the alien city, so it wasn’t really clear if he was coming back. However, it seems that alien possession protected him from the fall. Mack will be back in action, but Coulson might wish that he wasn’t when he discovers Mack’s plan with Bobbi (Adrianne Palicki).
5. Bobbi’s Betrayal – Bobbi and Mack are on a secret mission that even Coulson doesn’t know about. They “begin the next phase of a plan which seems to have grave repercussions” for the S.H.I.E.L.D. team. It may affect Bobbi’s rekindled romance with Hunter (Nick Blood) who will have to “make the biggest choice of his life,” the synopsis teases. It seems that Coulson will discover Bobbi and Mack’s plan pretty quickly. The synopsis says he “will find his mission threatened by this shocking endgame.”
6. Hydra – Whitehall’s death can’t stop the evil organization. After all, their motto is “if a head is cut off, two more will take its place.” Hydra will be up and running in episode 11 of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” and they’ll be a bigger threat than ever. “Hydra makes a dangerous move that may involve a traitor in S.H.I.E.L.D.’s midst,” the synopsis teases. Of course, the synopsis doesn't reveal the identity of the traitor.
“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 returns on Tuesday, March 3 at 9 p.m. EST. Who is the traitor? Is it Bobbi or Mack? Or are they too obvious? Sound off in the comments section below!