The “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 finale is sure to shock audiences. After Jiaying (Dichen Lachman) killed Gonzales (Edward James Olmos), it seems that S.H.I.E.L.D. and Inhumans are going to have an epic fight. However, the two-hour episode also has plenty of other story lines to tie up and maybe even a few surprise for fans. Check out what will happen in Tuesday night’s finale:
1. War – Jiaying wasn’t kidding when she said “This is war” last week. The Inhumans and S.H.I.E.L.D. have decided that they cannot coexist. A major battle will ensue, and Coulson (Clark Gregg) might not be able to stop it. “[Coulson will] hopefully keep this from becoming the kind of all out conflagration that would cost a lot of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and Inhumans their lives, but it could go either way,” Gregg teased to ComicBook.com.
2. Choosing sides – Skye’s mother will force the agent to make a choice: Inhumans or S.H.I.E.L.D.? In the promo video below, Jiaying tells Skye (Chloe Bennet) that she has to make a decision quickly.
3. Skye’s powers – “Someone very close to me does not want me to be using my powers,” Bennet revealed to Entertainment Weekly. Skye’s powers could be very useful in a war, but her friends at S.H.I.E.L.D. may still be afraid of her abilities.
4. Cal and Coulson – Skye’s father figure Coulson and biological father Cal (Kyle MacLachlan) will meet again. However, the two might not try to kill each other this time. “Coulson has to try to find a way to make Cal less of a threat, and the way to do that isn’t always by killing someone. That’s what makes Coulson different as a leader,” Gregg teased.
5. Deaths – Coulson can’t save everyone. Executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb revealed that the finale would have “casualties of war.” We don’t know who these casualties will be because the possibilities are endless. Mockingbird/Bobbi (Adrianna Palicki) is being held hostage by Ward (Brett Dalton) and he might decide to off her. Yet Simmons has vowed to kill Ward, so that’s a possibility. Then there’s the whole S.H.I.E.L.D. vs. Inhumans war, so anyone could die.
6. Ward’s Motive – Ward is helping Kara (Maya Stojan) find closure, but he might have a more long-term goal. The “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 finale will explain what Ward wants to accomplish. "You will understand his motive at the end, but whether you go, 'Of course I stand by him!' or 'Oh my god, he's a psychopath,' I think is really dependent upon your personal world view,” Bell told Zap2it.
7. Torture – Fans might chose the “psychopath” option after Ward has his way with Mockingbird. In the sneak peek below via IGN, the former double agent seems to prepare to torture Bobbi with needles.
8. Cliffhanger – Many of viewers’ questions will be answered in the finale, but don’t expect the show to tie up every loose end. “I think we have to pay off the big threads for this year and sort of stick the landing of that part and show these stories,” Bell told Entertainment Weekly. “And I think we also need to tease that this is where we’re going…and there also might be a little bit of ‘Oh, what was that?’”
The “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 finale airs Tuesday at 9 p.m. EDT. Who do you think could die in the finale? Sound off in the comments section below!