ABC decided to give fans an early taste of the “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3 premiere. The network released the first four minutes and 43 seconds of Tuesday's episode, titled “Laws of Nature.” It looks like the superhero drama will be off to a big start with plenty of explosions and chases within the first few minutes. Fans also learned plenty about the new season in the clip. Check out the most important facts the video revealed:
1. Terrigen Is Everywhere – The “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 finale showed Terrigen escaping into the ocean and ending up in the fish. The show will follow through with that set up. Some people die instantly. We see half a charred body in a kitchen. Others develop powers.
2. Dangerous Powers – Skye (Chloe Bennet), who is now going by Daisy, isn’t the only Inhuman with life-threatening powers. The video introduces Joey (Juan Pablo Raba), who can melt metal with his abilities. Without any control over his powers, he seems to be destroying everything he touches.
3. ATCU Is Deadly – Unlike S.H.I.E.L.D., the ATCU (Advanced Threat Containment Unit) is not trying to help the Inhumans. Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer) tells her men that they can use lethal force to take down Joey.
4. Skye’s Powers – Daisy has figured out how to use her powers. She can throw men and cars back with the wave of her hand. Her new suit might be helping her control her Inhuman abilities. She has some fancy technology on her forearms.
5. The Bus Is Back – Did you miss Coulson’s (Clark Gregg) plane? Once he was the director of the new S.H.I.E.L.D., Coulson had to have a home base, but it looks like the plane is making an appearance in the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3 premiere.
6. Coulson’s Hand – Mack (Henry Simmons) chopped off Coulson’s left hand after it was infected with Terrigen in the Season 2 finale. However, Coulson wasn’t limbless in the premiere video. He had a hand that appeared to be covered by a black glove. Is there some alien tech helping him out? Is a robotic hand hiding under the glove? We’ll have to wait until the premiere to find out.
Watch the first four minutes of the “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3 premiere below via IGN:
“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3 premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 29, at 9 p.m. EDT on ABC.