Jessica Lange is officially checking out of “American Horror Story.” The 65-year-old actress, who starred in all four seasons of the FX miniseries, confirmed that she will not be appearing in the fifth installment,“Hotel.”
“Yes, I’m done,” the actress revealed during a panel at PaleyFest. “We’ve had a great run here. I have absolutely loved doing these four characters that I’ve had the opportunity to play. In all the madness, I’ve loved the writers, my actors, Ryan [Murphy, creator] and the whole, I mean, insanity of it, shooting here, shooting in New Orleans, the stories, everything.”
The award winning actress added that after portraying “four great characters,” it’s time for her to move on. “It’s enough,” she said, referring to her four-season stint on the chill inducing thriller. Since “AHS” first premiered in 2011, Lange has portrayed the roles of Constance Langdon, a God fearing woman and protective mother; Sister Jude Martin, a nun that falls from grace; Fiona Goode, a power-hungry witch and Elsa Mars, a leader of a freak show and star on the rise.
But just because Lange’s FX acting career is ending doesn’t mean you won’t see the star soaking up the spotlight on other platforms. In 2013, Lange confirmed in an interview with Huffington Post that she would partake in “one or two movies” and “hopefully a play” after departing "American Horror Story."
“I feel like maybe then it's time to start something brand new in life. I just don't want to keep doing what I've been doing. Not that I don't love it because I do. It's been one of the great passions in my life, but I also feel like I want to try something I've never done before,” she stated.
We’ve also theorized that although Lange will no longer star in the terrifying series, it’s very possible that she could return for a cameo appearance in future episodes of “AHS,” like Lily Rabe, considering the installments are intertwined with one another.
“They’re all connected. We’re just beginning to tell you how they’re connected,” co-creator Ryan Murphy confessed to Entertainment Weekly in October regarding the interlacing of “AHS.” “They’re all very separate but there’s clues every season that we’re now telling you how the different worlds are intertwined.”
We can’t wait to see how Lange’s characters connect to the future installments of “AHS.” In honor of the actress, we’ve rounded up the best and sassiest quotes said by Lange throughout her four seasons on the FX drama. Check them out below:
Constance Langdon ("AHS: Murder House" - Season 1)
- "Do me a favor and polish this up before I take it, won't you? It's cruddy with corrosion, and do you know why? Because you are a sh-tty maid."
- "Why can't you people just be content with having pets? Why must you subject an innocent child to your perversions?"
- "I also remember, every time I see that ghostly eye, that I was -- and continue to be -- a hell of a shot."
Sister Jude Martin ("AHS: Asylum" - Season 2)
- “You said your name’s Lana? After the movie star? Now there’s a train wreck of a soul.”
- “Who would you like to call, Miss Winters -- the American Civil Lesbians Union?”
- “You look like a streetwalker.”
- “Anne Frank is it? What a relief it'll be to millions of school children to know you survived.”
Fiona Goode ("AHS: Coven" - Season 3)
- “You know, I've never understood you Bible-thumpers and your hypocrisy towards sex. I know, behind closed doors, you are the biggest perverts of all.”
- "Bury her deep. God knows what all that sh-t in her body will do to the lawn when it comes up in the spring.”
- "What are we talking about? College boys? Taken in the prime of their lives, such a tragedy. Almost makes you want to cry, doesn't it? But then, the world's not gonna miss a bunch of a--holes in Ed Hardy t-shirts.”
- "The point is in this whole wide wicked world the only thing you have to be afraid of is me."
- "Now, I've read all your files, and you're never gonna become great women of our clan sitting around here at Hogwarts, under the confused instruction of my daughter. We're going on a field trip. Jesus, go change your clothes. Wear something... black."
Elsa Mars ("AHS: Freak Show" - Season 4)
- "Oh, darling. It's on the house. Stars never pay!"
- "You know my motto: Always leave them wanting more."
- "Tell me, has anyone tasted your cherry pie?"
- "My talent has been known to render men speechless, but you'll have to get over it if we are going to work together."
"American Horror Story: Hotel" will premiere in October with a 13-episode Season 5.