Founded in 1996, American Safari Cruises focus was to provide up-scale
luxury cruises in Alaska's Inside Passage. They began sailing in 1997
with just one yacht and added a second in 1998, along with a second
Alaskan itinerary. In 1999/2000, the company invested approximately $2
million dollars in a major refit and redesign of both yachts.
Additional staterooms were added on both yachts at that time. A third
yacht was added in 2001.
American Safari Cruises offers all-inclusive pricing. In addition to
the onboard fine dining, the pricing includes all premium wines, micro
brews, liquors, activities such as hiking, beachcombing, kayaking,
snorkeling, sailing, exploring on a motorized Zodiac inflatable, use of
the mountain bikes carried on each yacht and transfers and baggage
handling to and from the yachts. American Safari Cruises offers
exclusive private shore excursions and activities not offered by the
larger cruise lines. Yacht cruising offers guests the opportunity for
close-up viewing of wildlife and accessibility to areas not available
to mainstream cruisers. An onboard Expedition Leader/Naturalist is on
every sailing offering their expertise and educational presentations.
Located in Seattle, Washington at the historic Fisherman's Terminal
is American Safari Cruises main office.. American Safari Cruises offers
various length (8-day, 9-day, 10-day, 15-day) yacht cruises in Alaska's
Inside Passage, Mexico's Sea of Cortés, Pacific Northwest's Columbia
& Snake Rivers, and the islands and fjords off the coast of
Washington and British Columbia.
Some of the benefits of cruising with American Safari are
accessibility to hard-to-reach locations and narrow passages. Flexible
schedules to allow for spontaneity. Evenings are spent at anchor so the
passenger does not miss anything. The captain urges passengers to visit
the bridge. Casual onboard atmosphere. Personal and tailored customer
|Safari Quest built by Shear Yachts is 120' long with a beam|
of 28' and has four decks. Quest can accommodate 22 guests, a crew of 8
to 9 and has a cruising speed of 11 knots.
- Admiral Staterooms (3) feature twin or king bed
configuration, (1 features a queen bed), a large sliding glass door
overlooking a small balcony and a private bath with shower.
- Captain Stateroom (1) features a queen size bed, view window and private bath with shower.
- Mariner Staterooms (5) features a king, queen or twin beds, elevated windows (not for viewing) and private bath with shower.
- Single Stateroom (1) features a single twin bed, view window and private bath with shower. A Pullman berth is available.
|Safari Spirit built by Poole-Chaffee Yachts is 105' long|
with a beam of 24'-5 and has four decks. Spirit can accommodate 12
guests, a crew of 5 to 6 and has a cruising speed of 11 knots.
- Admiral Staterooms (2) feature twin or king size bed
configuration, large sliding glass door overlooking a small balcony,
and a private bath with Jacuzzi tub and shower.
- Captain Stateroom (1) features king bed, opening port lights for viewing, and private bath with Jacuzzi tub and shower.
- Mariner Staterooms (2) feature twin or king
size bed configuration, (1 features a queen bed), opening port lights
for viewing, and private bath with Jacuzzi tub and shower.
|Safari Escape built by Lloyds Yachts is 112' long with a|
beam of 23' and has three decks. Escape can accommodate 12 passengers,
a crew of 5 to 6 and has a cruising speed of 10 knots.
- Admiral Stateroom (1) Category B1 features a king size bed, settee, windows for viewing and a private bath with shower.
- Admiral Stateroom (1) Category C5 features a
queen size bed, desk and chair, opening port lights and a private bath
with shower. This category also features an en suite sauna.
- The Mariner Staterooms (4) feature a queen size bed or twin beds, opening port lights, and private bath with shower.
All yachts include:
Quest and Spirit include:
Private Family Cruises feature custom itineraries, a kid-friendly
Private Group Travel for travelers who share a common interest such
Some of the Theme Cruises include a spa cruise, native culture, diving, astronomy and photography cruises.