- Cuban Opposition Group Finally Allowed To Pick Up Sakharov Prize
April 23 2013 3:44 PM
Ladies in White members were allowed to leave Cuba to accept an award from the EU Parliament eight years after receiving it.
- The AP Got Hacked: The White House Didn't Explode, Neither Did The S&P 500
April 23 2013 3:25 PM
Despite the excitement on Twitter, the hacking of AP's twitter account and the erroneous tweet about President Obama being injured are unlikely to have any lasting impact.
- Police Officer Saves Suicidal Man At Last Second [VIDEO]
April 23 2013 1:50 PM
A police officer in Medellin, Colombia, pulled a suicidal man off the train tracks, barely missing an oncoming train.
- As South America Tilts Left, Paraguay Tilts Right
April 23 2013 12:36 PM
Paraguay has elected a conservative millionaire businessman as president, in contrast to the region's majority of left-leaning leaders.
- Muslim Community Foiled Canadian Terrorism Plot
April 23 2013 12:34 PM
Muhammad Robert Heft, a Muslim community leader, said Muslims tipped off RCMP on a potential terrorist plot to blow up a commuter train in Canada.
- FBI Captures Fugitive Eric Justin Toth
April 23 2013 12:33 PM
Toth, a former camp counselor and private school teacher, was eventually traced to Nicaragua.
- World's Stinkiest 'Corpse' Flower Blooms in Canada [PHOTO]
April 23 2013 11:34 AM
The Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton, Canada, unveiled the world's stinkiest flower this week.
- Watch Astronaut Chris Hadfield Wring Out Wet Towel In Space In Viral Clip [VIDEO]
April 23 2013 1:38 AM
A now-viral video of Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield wringing out a towel in space.
- EPA Objects To State Dept.'s Keystone Endorsement
April 23 2013 1:15 AM
The Environmental Protection Agency issued a strong objection to the State Department’s environmental impact review for the new $7-billion dollar Keystone XL pipeline, which has proven controversial among environmentalists.
- Al Qaeda-Iran Plot Against Canada? Some Are Skeptical
April 22 2013 11:29 PM
An alleged terror plot in Canada backed by "al Qaeda in Iran" seems to assume an unlikely alliance.
- Child Porn Fugitive On FBI's Most Wanted List Caught In Nicaragua
April 22 2013 7:44 PM
Nicaraguan authorities have arrested Eric Justin Toth, an American man on the FBI's top 10 most-wanted list in connection with a child pornography investigation.
- Terror Attack Thwarted In Canada
April 22 2013 4:49 PM
The plans were disrupted early and the public was not in danger, Canadian authorities said.
- Psy 'Gentleman' Video And 7 K-Pop Video Crazes [VIDEO]
April 22 2013 4:13 PM
Psy's "Gentleman" video has recently surpassed 200 million views in just over a week. Here are seven videos that took the K-pop scene prior to the explosion of Psy's "Gangnam Style."
- Woman Unknowingly Smuggles 30 Pounds Of Pot Across Border
April 22 2013 3:04 PM
San Diego, Calif., authorities are investigating a Mexican woman who unknowingly smuggled 30 pounds of marijuana across the U.S.-Mexican border.
- Buried In US 2014 Budget: Border-Crossing Fees
April 22 2013 6:03 AM
If U.S. Homeland Security has its way, Congress may soon authorize the study of a fee for all land crossings.
- UN Group Slams World Bank's Human-Rights Record
April 21 2013 11:44 AM
A group of independent U.N. advisers has criticized the World Bank's policies in regards to human rights.
- Nicolas Maduro Takes Charge As Venezuelan President
April 20 2013 5:51 AM
Nicolas Maduro was sworn in as Venezuela’s president on Friday amid protests from Venezuela’s opposition supporters.
- Bitcoin Learns To Tango
April 17 2013 4:38 PM
As inflation continues to devalue the Argentine peso, citizens are gaining interest in the virtual currency bitcoin.
- Nicolas Maduro: A Moustache Revolution In Venezuela?
April 17 2013 10:13 AM
Nicolas Maduro's big bushy black moustache has become a kind of ‘trademark’ for the new leader of Venezuela,
- Venezuela’s Maduro Accuses US Of Sparking Postelection Violence
April 17 2013 8:27 AM
Chavez successor Maduro has accused the U.S. of sparking the violence that has erupted in Venezuela following his razor-thin win in Sunday's election.