- EPA Objects To State Dept.'s Keystone Endorsement
April 23 2013 1:15 AM
The Environmental Protection Agency issued a strong objection to the State Department’s environmental impact review for the new $7-billion dollar Keystone XL pipeline, which has proven controversial among environmentalists.
- Al Qaeda-Iran Plot Against Canada? Some Are Skeptical
April 22 2013 11:29 PM
An alleged terror plot in Canada backed by "al Qaeda in Iran" seems to assume an unlikely alliance.
- Child Porn Fugitive On FBI's Most Wanted List Caught In Nicaragua
April 22 2013 7:44 PM
Nicaraguan authorities have arrested Eric Justin Toth, an American man on the FBI's top 10 most-wanted list in connection with a child pornography investigation.
- Terror Attack Thwarted In Canada
April 22 2013 4:49 PM
The plans were disrupted early and the public was not in danger, Canadian authorities said.
- Psy 'Gentleman' Video And 7 K-Pop Video Crazes [VIDEO]
April 22 2013 4:13 PM
Psy's "Gentleman" video has recently surpassed 200 million views in just over a week. Here are seven videos that took the K-pop scene prior to the explosion of Psy's "Gangnam Style."
- Woman Unknowingly Smuggles 30 Pounds Of Pot Across Border
April 22 2013 3:04 PM
San Diego, Calif., authorities are investigating a Mexican woman who unknowingly smuggled 30 pounds of marijuana across the U.S.-Mexican border.
- Buried In US 2014 Budget: Border-Crossing Fees
April 22 2013 6:03 AM
If U.S. Homeland Security has its way, Congress may soon authorize the study of a fee for all land crossings.
- UN Group Slams World Bank's Human-Rights Record
April 21 2013 11:44 AM
A group of independent U.N. advisers has criticized the World Bank's policies in regards to human rights.
- Nicolas Maduro Takes Charge As Venezuelan President
April 20 2013 5:51 AM
Nicolas Maduro was sworn in as Venezuela’s president on Friday amid protests from Venezuela’s opposition supporters.
- Bitcoin Learns To Tango
April 17 2013 4:38 PM
As inflation continues to devalue the Argentine peso, citizens are gaining interest in the virtual currency bitcoin.
- Nicolas Maduro: A Moustache Revolution In Venezuela?
April 17 2013 10:13 AM
Nicolas Maduro's big bushy black moustache has become a kind of ‘trademark’ for the new leader of Venezuela,
- Venezuela’s Maduro Accuses US Of Sparking Postelection Violence
April 17 2013 8:27 AM
Chavez successor Maduro has accused the U.S. of sparking the violence that has erupted in Venezuela following his razor-thin win in Sunday's election.
- Brazil Inks Deal With South African Defense Company
April 16 2013 7:51 PM
Brazil inked a deal with South African defense and aerospace company Paramount Group to purchase armored vehicles for Rio de Janeiro, strengthening BRICS trade.
- South American Nations Accept Socialist Victory In Venezuela
April 16 2013 11:39 AM
The majority of South American nations express support for President-elect Maduro, while the opposition demands a recount.
- 55 Cruise Passengers Robbed On St Lucia
April 15 2013 11:58 PM
Fifty-five passengers from Celebrity Eclipse were robbed at gunpoint Friday on St. Lucia while police mounted a security operation nearby for Matt Damon.
- Carnival To Repay US For (Some) Costs Of Rescuing Crippled Cruise Ships
April 15 2013 9:55 PM
In an about-face, Carnival Corp. announced Monday it would repay the U.S. government for the cost of rescuing its cruise ships.
- Meet Carlos Arredondo, A Boston Marathon Bombing Hero
April 15 2013 9:49 PM
Carlos Arredondo is being heralded as one of the true heroes who helped victims immediately after two explosions rocked the Boston Marathon.
- The Bottom Falls Out From Under The Price Of Gold
April 15 2013 4:18 PM
The 12-year-old bull market in gold appears over. Analysts search for an explanation why the market virtually crashed.
- Maradona On Tour, But Playing Politics, Not Soccer
April 15 2013 1:24 PM
Two old buddies sharing stories: Fidel Castro and Diego Maradona, who dropped in after paying his respects to Venezuela's Maduro.
- Maduro Wins Venezuelan Presidency, Rival Turns Bitter
April 15 2013 4:24 AM
Nicolas Maduro, Hugo Chavez’s preferred successor, narrowly won the presidential election.