- Move Over, OPEC; Latin Country Poised To Take Your Turf
November 12 2013 10:32 AM
The International Energy Agency's World Outlook report points to a surprising up-and-coming global energy leader.
- Meet Eduardo Saverin, The Brazilian Visionary Who Helped Build Facebook
November 12 2013 6:22 AM
How the Brazilian went from Harvard student to billionaire -- via Facebook.
- Moto X Review: Motorola Kills With Google ‘iPhone Killer’
November 11 2013 7:25 PM
Is the anticipation surrounding the release of Motorola's Moto X, the first true "Google phone," worth it?
- Venezuela's 'Economic War': The President Orders 90% Discounts
November 11 2013 3:22 PM
Venezuelans woke up to a 90% discount on electronics on Saturday -- by order of President Nicolás Maduro, who sent the Army to enforce prices.
- President Nicolas Maduro Orders Electronics Chain To Lower Prices
November 11 2013 9:35 AM
Armed national guardsmen kept order at the five stores as citizens hunted for bargains.
- 4 Arrested For Virtual Kidnappings, Scammed Immigrants Out Of $500K
November 09 2013 4:17 PM
Virtual kidnappings, in which fake “telemarketers” scam immigrants by telling them their relatives are being held hostage and that they must pay a ransom, have resulted in $500,000 in cons since 2007.
- Is Justin Bieber’s Monkey Graffiti Racist?
November 09 2013 2:25 PM
Is Justin Bieber’s graffiti racist? The Biebs’ latest drawing shows a monkey donning a gold chain, gold earrings and a gold crown.
- Pablo Neruda Died From Cancer, Not Poison: Chilean Officials
November 09 2013 1:45 PM
The exhumed bones of the famed Chilean poet failed to yield any trace of poison.
- Chrysler Recalls 1.2 Million Trucks
November 09 2013 1:07 PM
The recall is mainly in the U.S., but also covers vehicles shipped to Canada and Mexico and to regions outside North America.
- How Tax Evasion Is Hurting Latin America
November 09 2013 11:54 AM
Latin America rates second in the regional ranking of tax evaders.
- How Much Would You Pay For A Glowing Wikipedia Entry?
November 08 2013 9:55 PM
Companies are hiring editors to work on their Wikipedia entries. How will this damage the site's credibility?
- Third Victim In Anal Probe Controversy Comes Forward
November 08 2013 8:19 PM
A third victim, this time a woman, has come forward saying she experienced invasive medical procedures when border agents tried to find drugs on her.
- Man Found Buried Alive In Brazil [VIDEO]
November 08 2013 3:59 PM
A woman visiting her family tomb at a cemetery in Sao Paolo found a man buried alive.
- Brazil Cultivates A Friend In Venezuela
November 08 2013 3:06 PM
President Dilma Rousseff wants to get closer to a nation that's hardly friendly to Washington -- but there are sound economic reasons.
- Grande Means Medium: The 'Starbucks Experience' In The Hispanic World
November 08 2013 12:23 PM
Starbucks has successfully exported its coffee-culture concept worldwide. But will Colombians embrace the American chain?
- Starbucks To Expand To Colombia By 2014 [VIDEO]
November 08 2013 10:57 AM
“Can I get a venti spiced pumpkin latte, extra cream and cinnamon?” Is that what Juan Valdez would say?
- JPMorgan Almost Loaned Madoff $200 Million Before His Arrest
November 08 2013 8:54 AM
Employees of Bernie Madoff's firm sought the loan, which was twice its credit at the time, according to a published report.
- A Caribbean With No Beaches?
November 08 2013 5:46 AM
Climate change is taking a toll on the Caribbean -- particularly the Dominican Republic.
- World Now Has 2,170 Billionaires: Study
November 07 2013 11:42 AM
Since the financial crisis, 810 people became billionaires. The net worth of all billionaires has nearly doubled since then to $6.5 trillion.
- Peru's Buenaventura Gold Mine Is Up And Running Again
November 07 2013 8:33 AM
The largest Peruvian precious metal firm reached an agreement with workers at one of its gold mines.