Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has finally arrived, and now enthusiasts have an all-access pass to its latest system developments.
The operating system was unveiled Wednesday at the “Breakfast with Sundar Pichai” media event alongside the new Nexus 7 tablet. In just one day we have seen Android 4.3 unveiled and rolled out onto various Nexus devices: the original Nexus 7, the Nexus 4, the Nexus 10 and the Galaxy Nexus.
Android 4.3 factory images were also released. The OS will give Nexus owners the option to manually install the operating system -- and avoid having to wait for the update to reach their devices over-the-air. Finally, the Android 4.3 source code is now available on AOSP, which has allowed developers to quickly put together a ROM for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus smartphone that reportedly works at "OTA" quality. ROMs for other Nexus devices will likely soon follow.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean modification tools available so far
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Factory Images
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Source Code
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Verizon Galaxy Nexus
How To Flash Android 4.3 onto a Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus
* Android SKD required for flash
* Working ADB, fastboot and an unlocked bootloader required
* Flash will wipe device of all apps and data
* Proceed with caution. IBTimes not is responsible for damaged devices.
- Download the appropriate factory image for your device.
- Unzip the file you downloaded. Remember where you saved it.
- Plug your Nexus phone or tablet into your computer.
- Verify ADB is working. Type ‘ADB devices’ into a command prompt or terminal.
- Reboot your device into fastboot mode (adb reboot-bootloader)
- Navigate to your download directory i.e. c:nakasi-jwr66v
- Type ‘flash-all.bat’ for windows and sudo ./flash-all.sh for Linux.
- Device will be flashed to a clean install of Android 4.3.
What do you think of all of the modification tools already available for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean? Let us know in the comments below.
Follow me on Twitter @FionnaatIBT.
Fionna Agomuoh is a Technology Reporter for the International Business Times, a vegan foodie, and a lover of Electric Dance Music.