“Two and a Half Men” will lose its “half man” next season after CBS executives said Friday that series original, Angus T. Jones, will no longer be a regular on the long-running sitcom.
Fellow original cast member, Jon Cryer, and Ashton Kutcher, who joined the show after Charlie Sheen's exit, have both signed new one-year contracts and will be returning for the show’s 11th season, Deadline.com reported.
Warner Bros. is reportedly in talks with Jones about a possible recurring role in the series, but he won't be returning fulltime. His demotion comes six months after the 19-year-old actor bashed the show’s sometimes racy storyline. Jones first starred on “Two and a Half Men,” as a young boy living in one household with his playboy uncle (Sheen) and recently divorced father (Cryer). In recent seasons, Jones has grown with his role, playing a military man and boyfriend to “Hannah Montana” guest star, Miley Cyrus.
In November, the teenage actor called the show “filth” and begged the show’s large fan base to stop watching, saying he no longer wanted to be a part of the series after joining a Seventh-day Adventist church.
“Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment: Do some research on the effects of television on your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to the television and especially what you watch … It’s bad news,” Jones said.
Continue Reading Below
Us Weekly reported on Saturday that the actor wanted to leave the show to focus on his career creating Skrillex-style music.
“They tried really hard to keep him, but he was just done,” a source told Us Weekly.
E! Online reported last year that Jones’ role was reportedly on the chopping block after his rant in November.
“He won’t be in every episode. How much they use him will be up to [creator] Chuck Lorre,” a source told E! Online. “The intention wasn’t ever for him to be in every episode this year anyway. Now it might be less.”