Upgrading its recent lawsuit against Samsung, tech-leader Apple has included the recent Galaxy Tab 10.1 within the other range of Samsung products, of being a look-alike of Apple products in terms of innovative technology, distinctive user interface and even package designs.
The Cupertino-based company has alleged Samsung of widely violating the company's intellectual property rights.
Earlier, Samsung had introduced the ultra thin Galaxy Tab 10.1 as a strong contender within the industry, competing with the Apple iPad 2. Made specifically for the tablet, the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) platform helps in downloading a variety of applications besides enabling different functions at the same time.
The recent lawsuit by Apple is aimed to put a stop to Samsung's illegal conduct and to obtain appropriate compensation from the New York based corporation. The range of Samsung products that have been charged of infringing Apple's intellectual property rights include the Samsung Captivate, Continuum, Vibrant, Galaxy S 4G, Epic 4G, Indulge, Mesmerize, Showcase, Fascinate, Nexus S, Gem, Transform, Intercept, and Acclaim smart phones and the Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet.
Targeting the Galaxy Tab, Apple says that the Samsung product resembles its Product Configuration Trade Dress in a number of ways. This involves product configuration with:
Continue Reading Below
- A rectangular product shape with four uniformly rounded corners
- The front surface of the product dominated by a screen surface with black borders
- A substantial black borders above and below the screen having roughly equal width
- A metallic surround framing the perimeter of the top surface
- A display of a grid of colorful square icons with uniformly rounded corners and
- A bottom row of icons set off from the other icons and that do not change as the other pages of the user interface are viewed.
Apart from this, the company was also charged with having similar packaging features and application icons besides having identical musical applications.