Ardent Mines, an exploration stage mineral developer in the process of resource acquisition and logistical infrastructure assembly, reported the appointments of two new members to the Company’s Board of Directors today, Mr. James Ladner and Mr. Luciano De Freitas Borges.
CEO of ADNT, Leonardo Riera, took a moment to comment on the appointment of these two remarkable gentlemen, even characterizing the decision as a milestone for ADNT itself, due to the vast experiential knowledge and industry experience possessed by both.
Riera went on to indicate that 2011 should see the close of several major mining acquisitions, a listing of ADNT stock on “one of the national market exchanges” and cited the appointment of such seasoned independent directors as Mr. Lander and Mr. Borges as being commensurate which these bold objectives.
Mr. Borges has a long litany of qualifications and is a 28-year veteran of the Brazilian mining industry, having worked extensively on both the private and governmental sides:
• National Secretary of Mines and Metallurgy for the Ministry of Mines and Energy in Brazil from 1993-2001
• Senior Advisor to the Ministry & Strategic Planning Executive Officer for the Brazilian Geological Survey 2002-present
• CEO of Steel Mineracao do Brasil S.A. from 2007-2008
• CEO and Senior Partner, for mining consultancy firm Ad Hoc Associated Advisors Inc., 2008-present
• Contemporary work on the Boards of both Amerix Precious Metals Corporation and Ouro Roxo Participacoes S.A., both engaged in the exploration/production of gold resources in Brazil
• Masters in Geology, MBA in Mineral Economics and Mineral Projects Valuation, University of Brasilia
Mr. Ladner has an enviable 46-year track record as a professional director and investment banker, serving on the Boards of multiple companies, funds and banks in his home country of Switzerland and also entities outside Switzerland:
• Board Member at Royal Bank of Scotland AG, Interallianz Bank AG, Asahi Bank AG, F. Van Lanschot Bankiers Ltd., Atlantic Finanz AG, Immofonds, Verit Immobilien, Ahold Finance group, Energy Capital Investment Co. plc, Equator Exploration Ltd., StrataGold Corporation, Pan Pacific Aggregates plc, Nevoro Inc. and Coastport Capital Inc.
• Executive VP at Coutts Bank Ltd. (now RBS Coutts Bank), 1964-1992
• Co-founder and Managing Director of RP&C International, where he oversaw syndication/sale of dollar convertible bonds, shares and warrants of North American companies throughout European markets from 1992-2002
• Non-executive Chairman, Bank Austria Ltd. from 1992-2001
• Contemporary work as both a Director and Member of the Audit Committee for Oracle Energy Corp. (since 2007), Colt Resources Inc. and Royal Coal Corp. (both since 2010)
• Member of the Swiss Admissions Commission for listing on Swiss Stock Exchanges and the Capital Market Commission of the Swiss National Bank, 1990-1992
• Graduated from University of St. Gallen, Switzerland