Almost a month after President Donald Trump and former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's feud over the low ratings of the "The New Celebrity Apprentice," the latter has targeted the president for his proposed budget plans. During a speech Wednesday, Schwarzenegger criticized the president for his proposed $1.2 billion cut to after-school programs.

Schwarzenegger made the speech in Los Angeles hours before he was to appear on CNN for a town-hall meeting.

Read: Is Donald Trump Obsessed With Arnold Schwarzenegger?

"President Trump promised us he wants to 'make America great again.' That's not how you make America great, by taking $1.2 billion from the children and robbing them blind," the former governor said, in front of hundreds of program leaders at the National After-School Summit at University of Southern California's Schwarzenegger Institute. 

Schwarzenegger urged after-school program leaders who were present at the summit to put up a fight against Trump's proposed cuts in after-school programs. He also referred to them as "terminators."

"When I look at you, I see a bunch of warriors," he said, according to CNN. "We're going to go to Washington, and we're not going to take this lying down."

Trump’s budget plan that was released last month proposed to remove $2.4 billion in grants for teacher training and $1.2 billion in funding for summer- and after-school programs. The plan also cuts funding for around 20 departmental programs “that are not effective, that duplicate other efforts, or that do not serve national needs," according to the budget draft.

Schwarzenegger has been a vocal supporter of after-school programs. This is the third summit that he has hosted to focus on after-school programs. The last one was held in 2015. Even before he was elected as governor of California, he began a youth sports program in Los Angeles that became After-School All-Stars, which is now a national organization that hosts after-school programs for low-income kids, according to Los Angeles Daily News.