- Dethroned Beauty Queen Refuses To Return Crown
September 02 2014 7:57 AM
A Burmese woman was stripped of her title after she failed to go through a breast enhancement surgery that was paid for by the pageant.
- Philippines Arrests 3 Plotting To Bomb Manila Airport, Chinese Embassy
September 02 2014 6:46 AM
The men are to be charged with possession of explosive materials, a non-bailable offense.
- Japan Develops 'Simpler' Test To Diagnose Ebola
September 02 2014 6:26 AM
Japanese researchers at Nagasaki University claim the new test is faster and cheaper than the current method being used to detect Ebola.
- McDonald's To Boost China Supplier Audits
September 02 2014 5:46 AM
McDonald's will push for more video monitoring at its Chinese suppliers and send more quality control specialists to meat production facilities.
- China Losing Its Sheen For Foreign Companies, Report Says
September 02 2014 5:09 AM
Nearly half of all respondents in a survey of U.S. businesses said foreign firms were being singled out in a government crackdown.
- India's FreeCharge Gets $33M In Second-Round Funding
September 02 2014 3:57 AM
Sequoia Capital, one of Silicon Valley's best-known venture capital firms, is one of the investors in the online mobile-recharge provider.
- Fire Damages Oldest High-Rise In Kolkata, India
September 02 2014 3:21 AM
No casualties were reported and everyone trapped in the 24-storey building have been rescued, police said.
- Homeless New Zealand Shooter Charged With Murders
September 02 2014 2:23 AM
John Tully, 48, accused of killing two unemployment office workers, was arrested Monday after a massive manhunt.
- 19 Pro-Democracy Protesters Arrested In Hong Kong
September 02 2014 1:18 AM
The Occupy Central group is protesting China's latest decision to screen candidates for the next major elections in the city in 2017.
- Iran's President Preaches Tolerance, Of Technology
September 01 2014 3:14 PM
Hassan Rouhani appealed to Iran’s clerics to be more tolerant of the Internet and new technologies in a speech on state TV Monday.
- Alibaba IPO Investor Roadshow Curtain May Rise Next Week
September 01 2014 1:21 PM
Alibaba's roadshow may get under way Sept. 8, as the company gets ready for what might be the biggest IPO in U.S. history.
- Massive Pipeline May Ease Sting Of Sanctions On Russia
September 01 2014 11:48 AM
Russia and China launched construction of an almost-2,500-mile natural-gas pipeline between themselves Monday.
- Pro-Democracy Demonstrations Erupt In Hong Kong
September 01 2014 10:23 AM
Pepper spray was used to break up pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong over China's decision to vet candidates.
- India, Japan Strengthen Ties To Limit China's Influence
September 01 2014 8:21 AM
Japan and India, two of Asia's economic powerhouses, are working to check the influence of the region's largest economy - China.
- Turkey Cracks Down On Police Officers For Espionage
September 01 2014 7:52 AM
Previous raids by government forces have led to the arrests of hundreds of police officers, about half of whom have since been released.
- Micromax Grabs More Tablet Market Share Than Apple In India
September 01 2014 6:57 AM
India's Micromax has upstaged Apple to sell more tablets in Q2, taking second spot in overall market share in the country, behind Samsung.
- Turkish Foreign Ministry Summons US Envoy Over Spying Report
September 01 2014 6:16 AM
Turkey's foreign ministry summoned Washington's most senior diplomat in Ankara over a media report.
- Hong Kong Police Attack Pro-Democracy Activists With Pepper Spray
September 01 2014 5:43 AM
Occupy Central plans to intensify pro-democracy protests and shut down Hong Kong's financial district.
- Samsung Heavy To Absorb Samsung Engineering For $2.5B
September 01 2014 4:33 AM
Monday's deal, which caught investors by surprise, sent shares in both companies surging.
- Pakistani Army Called To Deal With Demonstrations
September 01 2014 3:21 AM
Three people were killed and nearly 500 were wounded Sunday when protesters attempted to storm the prime minister’s official residence.