- In comments likely to alarm religious believers, Zhu Weiqun, a senior advisor on religion, said “Marxist atheism” was China’s guiding ideology and should be widely promoted.
- The report by a U.S. think tank, which cited a recent satellite imagery, comes at a time of heightened tensions in the Korean Peninsula.
- President Xi Jinping said cliques in the party were defying its decisions, in a sign of tensions deepening over the anti-graft campaign and discipline crackdown.
- The ‘William and Kate of the Himalayas,’ King Jigme and Queen Jetsun show off their baby boy ahead of his three month birthday.
- Samsung will reportedly make the move to the USB-C standard when it launches its next flagship devices, the Galaxy Note 6, later this year.
- China’s manufacturing data for April appears to confirm that, despite signs of stabilization in the first quarter, it is too early to speak of a recovery.