- North Korea said that it will continue to bolster its nuclear capabilities and slammed the U.S. for bringing in strategic assets to the Korean Peninsula.
- The final investigation report released Thursday found that the pilot had shut down the only working engine leading to the downing of the plane.
- United Overseas Bank, Southeast Asia’s third-biggest bank by assets and also Singapore’s third-largest lender, took the decision in light of the U.K.’s impending exit from the EU.
- The new internet regulator chief, Xu Lin, is regarded as a protégé of President Xi Jinping, according to the South China Morning Post.
- The exercise, in the waters off the U.S. state of Hawaii, follows North Korea’s several mid-range ballistic missile tests in recent months.
- The Japanese video game company said it continues to investigate the possibility of a VR headset.