- China Detains Man In Xinjiang For Rumors About Deadly Attack
August 11 2014 3:25 AM
Xinjiang, home to the Muslim Uighur people, has been beset for years by violence that the government blames on Islamist militants or separatists.
- Fast-Food Companies Publish Information About Chinese Suppliers
August 11 2014 2:46 AM
Last month, a report by a Chinese news network about practices at a local food supplier, had triggered a government investigation.
- Kurds Recapture 2 Towns From Islamic State Militants
August 10 2014 8:53 PM
U.S. officials caution airstrikes have a limited purpose and are not part of a wider campaign.
- Erdoğan Wins First Direct President Election In Turkey
August 10 2014 8:36 PM
Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan won the nation's first direct presidential election on Sunday.
- King, Graham Call For More Response In Iraq
August 10 2014 3:43 PM
State Department pulled personnel from the U.S. Consulate in Arbil, the capital of the Kurdish region in northern Iraq.
- Opposition Candidate Concedes Election To Erdogan
August 10 2014 12:59 PM
Opposition candidate congratulates Erdogan on win.
- Thousands Of Iraqi Civilians Flee Mount Sinjar
August 10 2014 12:06 PM
Following a series of U.S. airstrikes, some 20,000 Iraqi civilians, mostly from the Yazidi minority, have managed to flee to Syria.
- Australian Parents Of Thai Surrogate Twin Say They Feared Losing Both Babies
August 10 2014 11:53 AM
Parents say they feared surrogate would keep both babies.
- Turkey's Erdogan Takes Early Lead In Presidential Race: TV
August 10 2014 11:45 AM
It's the first direct presidential election.
- Who Are the Yazidis?
August 10 2014 11:19 AM
- 'True Blood' Season 7 Episode 8 Synopsis, Promo Video And Photos
August 10 2014 7:20 AM
Episode 8 of "True Blood" will air on HBO on Sunday, Aug. 10 at 9 p.m. EDT. Watch the promo video for "Almost Home."
- Plane Crashes Near Tehran’s Mehrabad Airport, Killing At Least 48
August 10 2014 5:35 AM
The Sepahan Air Iran-140 plane crash killed all 48 people aboard, Iranian state media reported.
- Passenger Plane Crashes In Iran, Killing All 40 Aboard
August 10 2014 2:47 AM
A Taban Air passenger plane crashed into a residential area of Iran’s capital city of Tehran Sunday, killing all 40 people aboard.
- Indian Tycoon Markets New York Plaza Hotel While In New Delhi Jail
August 10 2014 1:56 AM
Indian tycoon Subrata Roy is putting up for sale three deluxe properties to raise $1.6 billion for a bail bond.
- US Proposal For South China Sea Dispute Is Overlooked
August 09 2014 10:19 PM
China rejected Secretary of State John Kerry's call for a moratorium on provocative actions and denied any tensions in the disputed territory.
- Tour Bus With 40 Passengers Falls Off Cliff In Tibet
August 09 2014 6:38 PM
The exact number of casualties in the Tibet tour bus accident was still being determined.
- Ansar Al-Sharia Kills 14 Soldiers In Yemen As Revenge
August 09 2014 3:14 PM
The Al-Qaeda affiliate Ansar Al-Sharia posted photos of the captured soldiers on the Internet.
- US Urges India To Step Up As Regional Power
August 09 2014 10:26 AM
The United States urged India on Saturday to bolster its role as a global power and force for regional stability, ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first visit to Washington since his election in May.
- Clashes In Pakistan's Lahore Kills 7 People
August 09 2014 8:49 AM
On Thursday, Tahir ul-Qadri, a popular cleric in Pakistan, was set to march to Islamabad and overthrow the current government.
- Last Hurrah: Stakes High For Erdogan In Turkish Election
August 09 2014 8:35 AM
Recep Tayyip Erdogan has led Turkey for 12 successful years, but Sunday he faces an election that could determine whether he will face prison.