AT&T is set to unveil a new mobile hotspot application that lets smartphone customers tether multiple devices via Wi-Fi connection. The feature will first be available on February 13 to select smartphone customers, starting with the launch of HTC Inspire 4G, the company said.
The latest development comes as Apple's iPhone 4 is available for pre-orders from February 3, Thursday at Apple stores and Verizon Wireless. To read the full story click here.
AT&T said the new app provides additional 2GB of data, bundled with AT&T Data Pro plan and that customers will benefit from a total of 4GB for $45 per month.
AT&T said it will automatically add the additional 2GB of monthly data usage to smartphone customers already on a tethering plan - at no extra charge. Customers will incur the same $20 monthly fee they’re accustomed to paying, only now they’ll receive an extra 2GB of data each month.
Details of AT&T Mobile Hotspot include:
* Connectivity for multiple wireless devices to AT&T’s mobile broadband network
* 2 GB of data usage for $20 a month, bundled with AT&T’s Data Pro plan ($25 / 2GB)
* The combined AT&T Data Pro plus AT&T Mobile Hotspot will provide 4GB for $45 per month
* 4GB applies to collective use among all devices
* Overage fee of $10 per gigabyte
We want to extend the benefits of an additional 2GB to smartphone customers on our tethering plan, said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. This delivers more value today for the price they’re already paying – and that’s what our customers want.