Ayla Reynolds' blood has turned up in the home of father Justin DiPietro, authorities said. This is latest twist in the case of the Maine toddler missing from her Waterville home since Dec. 17.

Police did not say how much blood was found, but according to a family-run website, www.AylaReynolds.com, there was more blood than a small cut would produce.

Even in light of this evidence we are more determined than ever to find out what has happened to Ayla and we still cling to the hope that she is alive and will be returned to us, the Web site said. We urge anyone that has information about Ayla to come forward now and unburden yourself of the truth.

The 20-month-old toddler was last seen in her father's home. DiPietro told authorities that he put Reynolds into bed, but when he went to check on her in the morning, she wasn't there.  Ayla Reynolds was last seen wearing green polka-dotted pajamas with the words Daddy's Princess on them. She also had a soft cast on her broken left arm.

According to the Associated Press, DiPietro could not immediately be reached for comment Sunday and his cellphone voicemail was full and unable to accept messages.

Ayla Reynold's mother, Trista Reynold, lives in Portland, Maine, and told WCBV TV that she was ready to go knocking at people's doors myself because I want to know what happened to my daughter. Trista Reynolds lost custody of Ayla in October after she reportedly admitted herself to a rehabilitation program.

Ronald Reynolds, Trista's father, told MSNBC that they were told the blood found belongs to Ayla on Saturday. It was a surprise, he said. He also said that he believes DiPietro, who was in him home with his mother and a third adult the night Ayla Reynolds disappeared, is hiding something. Every day, it gets hotter and hotter, he told MSNBC. I hope they pull them back in, set them down and give them the opportunity to say something. We believe they have not given us the full story.

I have no idea what happened to Ayla, or who is responsible, DIPietro told The AP. I will not make accusations or insinuations towards anyone until the police have been able to prove who's responsible for this. He also said that he, along with his family, will do everything we can to assist in this investigation and get Ayla back home.

DiPietro has said he took a polygraph test, but has declined to say what the results were.

DiPietro, in an interview with The Morning Sentinel, said, I asked for a polygraph on day one. I've taken one, and the results, I was never allowed to see them. It's something you're going to have to ask law enforcement about.

Steve McCausland, Maine State Policeman, said that DiPietro's statement is false. He knows how he did, because we told him, McCausland said. To say that he didn't know is just not true. He did admit, however, that the results could be hard to interpret. It is lines on a paper, similar to an electrocardiogram report, he said, The polygraph operator knows the results, but there's no transcript or written text that goes with it.

Authorities have issued a $30,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Ayla Reynolds. The reward is the largest ever offered by the state.