There’s always a new photo trend popping up on Instagram, but this one might be the cutest of all time
The online-sharing photo and social-networking service has had an influx of photos using the hashtag #babymugging that shows off cute babies in coffee mugs, but it's all a clever visual illusion that makes it look like the wee ones are peeking out of the cups.
Mommy Shorts blogger Illana Wiles started the trend when she posted a photo of her own 5-month-old daugher Harlow in a black mug, according to Mashable. The photo illusion has encouraged copycat parents to share photos of their own children using the hashtag “babeinamug,” which eventually evolved into “baby mugging” and then “babymugging.”
Best of all, Wiles provided instructions on how to recreate the babymugging photo effects in three easy steps:
1. Put your baby on the floor (or a flat surface).
2. Hold a mug in front of your baby.
Even young-at-heart news anchors at ABC affiliates in Detroit and Sioux Falls, S.D., have jumped in on the trend. Here are some of the cutest #babymugging photos, starting with Harlow.
Nadine joined IBTimes in July 2011 and is the editor of the Continuous News Desk, which covers trending news. She writes about retail, the fashion industry and pop culture...
- British Woman Marries Her Dog, Sheba: ‘We Were Meant To Be...I Am Totally Her B---h'
- Weight-Loss Pill, Obalon, Inflates Like Balloon To Help You Feel Full
- Popcorn Time: The Netflix Of Pirated Content, Explained By A Tech Idiot
- #BanBossy: Facebook COO, First Lady And Beyoncé Want To Ban The Word 'Bossy'