“Bates Motel” reopened a little early. The A&E “Psycho” prequel took San Diego Comic Con by storm on Friday, July 25 to give fans details about what is to come in Season 3.
Executive producers Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin were on hand with stars Vera Farmiga (Norma Bates), Freddie Highmore (Norman Bates), Olivia Cooke (Emma) and Nestor Carbonell (Sheriff Alex Romero) to give the first hand scoop on what viewers can look forward to in 2015. Check out what we learned below:
1. Norma And Romero: Vera Farmiga explained that her character, Norma, has an “understanding” and a sort of “pact” with Carbonell’s Sheriff Romero.
— A&E Network (@AETV) July 25, 2014
2. Welcome Back, Caleb: Remember Norma’s estranged brother, Caleb? Kenny Johnson will be reprising his role as a series regular.
“There’s a great deal of unfinished story in the relationship of Caleb to the Bates family,” Ehrin said of the sibling relationship, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “You can’t just sweep something like their twisted history under a rug and hope it will go away. You can be sure when he reappears in their lives it will test the boundaries of everything Norma and Dylan have worked so hard for.”
Guess this means more father-son bonding time for Dylan …
3. Bradley’s Back Too: We previously reported that Nicola Peltz would be reprising her role as Bradley, Norman’s crush and school mate, and now her return was confirmed at the “Bates Motel” SDCC 2014.
4. Is Norman Innocent?: Freddie Highmore opened up a little about Norman.
5. Good News For Emma: Emma might get minimal lovin’ from the Bates family, but Carlton Cuse hinted that Olivia Cooke’s character could be getting a love interest in Season 3 … can’t confirm if it’s “cupcake boy” though.
"Bates Motel" returns to A&E for its third season in 2015.