Vincent and Catherine won’t get their fairytale ending just yet. “Beauty and the Beast” Season 3 returns on Thursday, and it looks like Cat (Kristin Kreuk) will have trouble settling down. She’ll be investigating cases that Vincent (Jay Ryan) thought they were done with. Meanwhile, Vincent will be happily settling into his job as a doctor, but Catherine wants to turn his life upside down and fight supernatural creatures again. It’s quite a turn from last year, so fans should know a few things about Season 3 of the CW drama before jumping in.
1. Vincent’s Beast – Vincent seems to be ready to live a normal life, but Catherine will push him to embrace the beast. It’ll cause some tension for the couple, especially since Vincent finally feels content with his life. “He’s on this happy plateau, but he realizes that that doesn’t work for her,” Ryan told TV Line. “It pushes him to a point where he feels so affected and hurt that Catherine wants him to continue to ‘unleash the beast,’ it creates a bit of an anxiety in him, a bit of a vulnerability.”
2. Destiny – Vincent might want to relax, but Cat wants to fulfill their destiny. She believes that they are the only ones who can deal with new creatures. “There seems to be another threat in the world and Catherine wants to go out and fight it,” Kreuk explained to IGN. “She believes it’s their responsibility and their destiny to do so. Vincent just wants to be a couple, be a doctor, hang out at home, doesn’t want to deal with it. So they’re in that kind of conflict but it’s also propelling their relationship forward at the same time.”
3. Secrets – Cat will try to let Vincent live a life without the supernatural. She’ll work with the Department of Homeland Security without telling her boyfriend. In a preview from the CW, Cat tells government agents that she needs proof that there is a real threat before she gets Vincent involved. “I need proof before I take this to him,” she says. “Because I’m the only person in this room who cares about saving his life.”
4. Engagement – Their relationship struggles won’t tear them apart though. As previously reported, Kreuk was spotted on set wearing a wedding ring, and the actors have both confirmed that Vincent and Catherine will be engaged early on in Season 3.
5. Cat’s Family – Weddings bring in family drama, and that means that Cat will have to face a lot of issues that she has buried. “Her dad is in prison, her mom isn't there, she died, and she has a sister (Nicole Gale Anderson) who is there, but they have different recollections of their mom,” executive producer Brad Kern told TV Guide. “So, we'll use that to delve into Cat's family backstory and a lot of revealing, cool elements that come out and help her grow.”
6. New Creatures – It will be a new type of creature that bring Cat back into the supernatural field. They’re humans that have been experimented on. “As we discover more and more of these innocent people, we have to save and not kill them as they're trying to attack Cat and Vincent,” Kern said. “We'll then begin to reveal the reason why the people are being experimented upon which will lead us back to our mythology.”
Watch the trailer for the “Beauty and the Beast” Season 3 premiere below:
“Beauty and the Beast” Season 3 premeires on the CW Thursday at 8 p.m. EDT. Why do you think these people are being experimented on? Share your theories in the comments section below!