Everyone is looking for a little motivation in the new year to get fit, stay fit or even push their fitness to a new level. That's exactly what former Biggest Loser couple Heba Salama and Ed Brantley are doing, pushing themselves to that next level. They're not only do it for themselves, they're doing it for each of you. Just this week they announced their 10 in 2010 Fitness Campaign, with hopes of not only challenging themselves but motivating others to get in shape, too.
That's why this year you'll find Heba and Ed participating in half-marathons, triathlons, and other various foot races throughout the country. They're committed to doing 10 of these races in 2010 - and they want to see you there, too!
Racing gives us the opportunity to stay fit and healthy, as well as meet and inspire people on their own weight loss journeys. We prove that if we can do it, anyone can, said Heba.
The race schedule for Heba and Ed is as follows. You'll find that they're already exceeding their own expectations with 14 scheduled events!
- 2/28 - Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon, New Orleans, LA
- 3/13 - Leprechaun 8k Nags Head, NC
- 3/27 - Cooper River Bridge Run10k, Charleston, SC
- 4/10 - Tarheel 10 Miler, Chapel Hill, NC
- 5/23 - Ramblin' Rose Triathlon, Chapel Hill, NC
- 5/29 - Doughman Race, Durham, NC
- 6/12 - Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Raleigh, NC
- 6/19 - Smithfield Sprint, Smithfield, VA
- 7/10-11 - Triangle Triathlon, Raleigh, NC
- 9/5 - Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon, Virginia Beach, VA
- 9/19 - Angels Race Triathlon, Clemmons, NC
- 10/2 - Lake Royale Triathlon, Louisburg, NC
- 11/6 - City of Oaks, Raleigh, NC
- 12/6 - Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon, Las Vegas, NV
Our race selection is very much a reflection of who we are, where we've been and how far we've come in our journey to get healthy, said Heba. We're excited to be racing in both our hometowns, and to participate in such important races such as the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and Angels Race Triathlon. We hope that our efforts inspire people to get active and get involved!
You may even see a few other members of the Biggest Loser alumni at these events, partnering with Heba and Ed to continuing spreading the word about overcoming obesity and committing to wellness.
You'll remember Heba and Ed from Biggest Loser season six, during which they lost a combined total of 277 pounds. Heba became the first woman to win the at-home prize for the highest percentage of weight lost amongst all contestants eliminated during the game; Ed finished in second place. In addition to continuing to lead as examples in the fitness realm, the couple has been busily working on a new healthy cookbook due to release spring 2010.
Reprinted from Dietsinreview