If your harried schedule leaves you feeling like you could use a personal chef and weight loss physician, then Bistro M.D. is bound to relieve some of the scheduling tensions in your life. Created by Dr. Caroline Cederquist, Bistro M.D. provides a healthy weight loss plan by delivering nutritious pre-prepared meals to your home or office. The work is done for you, you simply have to heat and enjoy.
Dr. Cederquist's combines her experience with an expert team of chefs and dietitians to create a delicious variety of well-balanced meals. Bistro M.D. has even been called The best diet delivery available by Dr. Phil McGraw. In an effort to help you avoid common dieting pitfalls, Bistro M.D. will adjust your caloric consumption daily, from 1,100 to 1,400 calories. This prevents the body from becoming accustomed to, or expecting, the same amount of calories each day. Bistro M.D. can save your lean muscle mass by providing a combo of lean proteins and low glycemic carbohydrates (responsible for blood sugar spikes).
As a member of Bistro M.D., you'll have access to expert dietitians, as well as receive weekly updates with important information highlighting exercise, weight loss and nutrition.
Most recently, Bistro M.D. partnered with the hit TV show, The Biggest Loser. Now you can order a plan designed by the Biggest Loser's doctors and nutritionists and start living the Biggest Loser lifestyle at home.
- Nutritionally balanced meals that are delicious and satiating
- Little to no prep work for user
- Low glycemic foods ideal for diabetics
- Expert staff of dietitians and chefs, to which you have access
- Menu offers broad variety
- Endorsed by The Biggest Loser and Dr. Phil
- Delivers to home or office
- Meals can be frozen and eaten at home or at the office
- Fresh-frozen delivery, no shelf-stable foods
- Pre-built menus do not allow for customization
- Low calorie consumption
- Not ideal for families
- Does not provide exercise or fitness guidance
DIET and NUTRITION
On the Bistro M.D. program, you won't have to sacrifice
variety or taste. Here's a snapshot of what a day on Bistro M.D. might look like:
- Breakfast: Poppy seed bagel with cream cheese
- Mid-morning snack: Crisp n' Crunch cinnamon protein bar
- Lunch: Spinach and feta stuffed roasted chicken breast in tomato coulis with baby carrots and green and yellow beans
- Mid-afternoon snack: Chili Nacho Protein Chips
- Dinner: Grilled top sirloin in morel mushroom sauce with sweet corn, pearl onions and steamed peas
This flavorful, healthful food has been expertly selected and planned by Dr. Cederquist and her team to help you reach your optimal weight.
The best part is, you don't have to plan, shop, prep or cook anything. All of the meals come in fresh-frozen packaging and is prepared via microwave, stove-top or oven in a matter of minutes.
You are encouraged to supplement with fresh fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy of choice.
As an aside, Dr. Cederquist gives some education on exercise, although it is not exclusively a part of the Bistro M.D. plan. She updates brief articles on topics such as creating a fitness plan, managing your mental health and a variety of other useful topics via the program's Web site.
In this fast-paced world, preparing healthful, delicious meals at home feels out of reach for most. Bistro M.D. alleviates the pressure of meal planning and preparation, and allows you to savor fantastic meals at home or at work while skipping the calorie-laden restaurant to-go menus. By providing a broad menu, designed by a doctor and dietetic team, with flavorful, nutrient-rich and satiating meals, preparing them in advance and then delivering to you, it's easier than ever to manage your weight loss.
Bistro M.D. is most ideal for individuals or even couples; but the expense and menu do not make it a realistic plan for families. Rest assured that a dedicated team of chefs, dietitians and Dr. Cederquist are putting your health needs first, as well as your desire for variety.