New Starcraft 2 units for Blizzard Entertainment's Heart of the Swarm expansion were revealed on Friday. Photos were taken at Blizzcon, the company's annual event.
Descriptions of the units from Blizzard below:
- Viper: Flying unit with support abilities. It can grant detection to units, create a cloud to hinder ranged attacks and abilities, and quickly pull units to safety (friendly) or their doom (enemy).
- Swarm Host: This Zerg host can gradually spawn endless waves of attackers while burrowed to overwhelm your enemy.
- Warhound: This versatile factory unit is great against mechanical ground targets and can dish out area-of-effect anti-air attacks.
- Battle Hellion: New transformation mode to gain durability in exchange for slower movement. Great for fighting mixed forces using light troops combined with area-of-effect attacks.
- Shredder: Mobile unit that can deploy and create a whirlwind of death around it. Safety protocols auto-disable the attack if other friendly units enter the danger zone.
- Replicant: Microscopic robots can fuse themselves to copy a targeted non-massive unit. The replication also auto-enables any specific upgrades of the targeted unit (cloaking, etc.).
- Oracle: This flying support unit can scout and disrupt the enemy economy. It can reveal what structures are making and also temporarily disrupt building production and resource harvesting.
- Tempest: Powerful capital ship that can dominate the skies with massive area-of-effect attacks against light enemy flyers and a strong beam against ground targets.