On Saturday, Boston will officially welcome home the Bruins - and the Stanley Cup! The victory parade is set to start at 11 a.m. at the TD Garden and end in Copley Square. As in the past, the parade will feature the famous Duck Boats carrying the players, coaches, family and friends.
It is truly a great time to be a Boston sports fan, Mayor Thomas Menino said in a release announcing the parade. Finally, after 39 years, the Stanley Cup is coming home to Boston where it belongs. Through their hard work and dedication, this team embodies what our proud city stands for. We love our Bruins and want to show our appreciation for their hard-earned victory with a parade this Saturday. Let's have fun and celebrate their impressive achievement!
Streets along the parade route are expected to close around 9 a.m. and reopen by around 3:30 p.m., under the direction of public safety officials. Crossing the route will not be allowed once the parade begins.
Vehicles will be banned along the parade route from 9 a.m. until around 1 p.m. Parking restricts will be heavily enforced, so you might want to take the T.
Signs saying Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday, will mark the temporary parking restrictions across the city.
- Canal Street, from Causeway Street to New Chardon Street
- Friend Street, from Causeway Street to New Chardon Street
- Portland Street, from Merrimac Street to Causeway Street
- Lancaster Street, from Causeway Street to Merrimac Street
- Merrimac Street , from Causeway Street to Lancaster Street
- Causeway Street, from North Washington Street to Merrimac Street
- Staniford Street, from Causeway Street to Cambridge Street
- Cambridge Street, from Hancock Street to Tremont Street
- Tremont Street, from Cambridge Street to Boylston Street
- Boylston Street, from Washington Street to Dalton Street
- New Chardon Street, from Cambridge Street to Merrimac Street
- Bowdoin Street, from Cambridge Street to Derne Street
- Somerset Street, from Cambridge Street to Ashburton Place
- New Sudbury Street, from Cambridge Street to Bulfinch Place
- Court Street, from Cambridge Street to Court Square
- Beacon Street, from Tremont Street to Somerset Street
- Bromfield Street, from Province Street to Tremont Street
- Park Street, from Tremont Street to Beacon Street
- Temple Place, from Tremont Street to Washington Street
- West Street, from Tremont Street to Washington Street
- Essex Street, from Tremont Street to Washington Street
- Charles Street South, from Park Plaza to Center gate of Public Garden
- Hadassah Way, from Boylston Street to Park Plaza
- Berkeley Street, from St. James Avenue to Newbury Street
- Clarendon Street, from Newbury Street to St. James Avenue
- Dartmouth Street, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- St. James Avenue, from Clarendon Street to Dartmouth Street
Click here for a larger map of the parade route.
Enjoy the rally!