The FBI has closed an investigation into Brad Pitt's Sept. 14 plane incident involving his son Maddox. No charges will be filed against the "Allied" star over child abuse allegations.

"In response to allegations made following a flight within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States which landed in Los Angeles carrying Mr. Brad Pitt and his children, the FBI has conducted a review of the circumstances and will not pursue further investigation," the agency said in a statement to Entertainment Tonight (ET) Tuesday. "No charges have been filed in this matter."

Earlier this month, reports surfaced the 52-year-old actor had been cleared of child abuse allegations by the Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS).

"He has the truth on his side," a source told ET regarding the allegations. 

Another source told ET DCFS did not "find anything of any significance" in their investigation. "His visits are monitored voluntarily because he has agreed to go out of his way for the kids," the source said. 

Pitt is pursuing joint custody of his six children with Jolie. In her divorce filing, Jolie requested sole physical custody of Maddox, 15; Pax, 12; Zahara, 11; Shiloh, 10; and twins Vivienne and Knox, 8.

Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt in September, citing “irreconcilable differences” as legal grounds. At the time, the actress said the decision to end the marriage "was made for the health of the family."