GBPUSD 30 minute chart is setting up to appreciate with daily showing signs of bullish sentiment.

Technically GBPUSD has been finding support around the 1.6050 level which roughly corresponds with the 61.8 retracement level for the larger swing (high to low on the chart below). Price is now isolating in the range and forming a V shape, with a break of resistance (1.6110) where this level becomes support (i.e. price breaks, retraces and bounces off) qualifies an potential move to the extension (1.6190) with a break below support at 1.6050 negating our bullish view.

Watch out for:
10:30am GMT - UK Manufacturing Production exp 0.5% prev 0.6%

Change in the total inflation-adjusted value of output produced by manufacturers;
Actual > Forecast = Good for currency.
Manufacturing makes up around 80% of total Industrial Production and tends to dominate the market impact; It's a leading indicator of economic health - production reacts quickly to ups and downs in the business cycle and is correlated with consumer conditions such as employment levels and earnings.

10:30am GMT - UK Industrial Production exp 0.5% prev 0.4%
Actual > Forecast = Good for currency;
Mines and utilities make up around 20% of total production, so this data tends to be overshadowed by Manufacturing Production which makes up the other 80%;

For more information please visit www.alphabroking.com.au or call the dealing desk on +61 3 8662 4009

width=630

* Chart source: eBridge Trader

These recommendations are current as at the date of issue. Past performance is no guarantee or reliable indication of future results. Trading in derivatives may involve a high degree of risk and significant loss, and is appropriate only for persons who can assume risk of loss in excess of funds deposited. This recommendation is of the nature of general information only and must not in any way be construed or relied upon as legal, financial or professional advice. No consideration has been given or will be given to the individual investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. The decision to invest or trade and the method selected is a personal decision and involves an inherent level of risk, and you must undertake your own investigations and obtain your own advice regarding the suitability of any investment for your circumstances. Although the information in this recommendation has been obtained from sources considered and believed to be both reliable and accurate no responsibility is accepted for any opinion expressed or for any error or omission that may have occurred herein. Alpha Equities & Futures Pty Ltd AFSL: 327075 ABN: 76 131 376 415