Brooklyn resident Levi Aron on Thursday confessed to killing a child, in what is one of the most grisly murders to hit the greater New York area in a while.

Levi Aron, the suspect in the dismemberment of eight-year-old boy Leibby Kletzky of Brooklyn, was officially charged with murder on Wednesday night.

On Wednesday, body parts of Kletzky were discovered in both the refrigerator of 35-year-old Aron and in a dumpster about 2 miles away from Aron's residence.

Thousands of mourners and residents gathered into a neighborhood courtyard in Brooklyn on Wednesday evening for the funeral of eight-year-old Leibby Kletzky who was dismembered and killed this week while returning home from camp.

Kletzky’s funeral was held in Yiddish, which swelled to capacity before its start time at 8:30, prompting many of the thousands who could not get in to gather behind police barricades, crowding neighborhood streets, the New York Times reported.

Around 8,000 people attended the funeral, one of the Shomrim, a local security patrol group said.

The following is the full text of the confession as published by NBC New York:

My name is Levi Aron... On Monday evening around 5:30 I went to my dentist, Dr. Sorcher, to make a payment for visit for exam routine.

A boy approached me on where the Judaica book store was. He was still there when went out from the dentist's office. He asked me for a ride to the Judaica book store. While on the way he changed his mind and wasn't sure where he wanted to go.

So I asked if he wanted to go for the ride - wedding in Monsey - since I didn't think I was going to stay for the whole thing since my back was hurting. He said ok.

Due to traffic, I got back around 11:30 p.m. ... so I brought him to my house thinking I'd bring him to his house the next day. He watched TV then fell asleep in the front room. I went to the middle room to sleep. That next morning, he was still sleeping when I was ready to leave.

So I woke him and told him I'll bring him to his house... when I saw the flyers I panicked and was afraid. When I got home he was still there so I made him a tuna sandwich....

I was still in a panic ... and afraid to bring him home. That is when approximately I went for a towel to smother him in the side room. He fought back a little bit until eventually he stopped breathing.

Afterwards I panicked because I didn't know what to do with the body.... carried parts to the back room placing parts between the freezer and the refrigerator ...

... went to clean up a little then took a second shower. I panicked and .. Then putting the parts in a suitcase. Then carrying suitcase to the car ...placing in backseat on floor behind passenger side.

... drove around approximately around 20 minutes before placing it in the dumpster on 20th street just before 4th Avenue. Then went home to clean and organize.

I understand this may be wrong and I'm sorry for the hurt that I have caused.