After dominating the box office and being called “one of the [Marvel Cinematic Universe's] stronger offerings,” “Captain America: Civil War” is finally coming to Blu-ray on Sept. 13 and full details about the film’s extras have now been revealed.
One of the big features included on the Blu-ray is an extended version of Peggy Carter’s funeral scene. In the original scene, we see Captain America’s softer side as the superhero learns that Carter passed in her sleep and heads to London for her funeral. While at the funeral, Captain America learns that Sharon Carter was Peggy’s great niece.
After listening to Sharon’s eulogy about never backing down, Cap assures himself that he must not sign the accords. While the original scene is less than three minutes long, the extended scene clocks in at five minutes and 39 seconds. It’s unknown what is included in the extended scene but after sharing a hug with Black Widow in the theatrical version, perhaps the scene delivers a further look into Cap and Black Widow’s relationship.
While information about the Blu-ray’s features was originally revealed back in June, we now know the details about the extra footage. The “Captain America: Civil War” Blu-ray will contain over 60 minutes of exclusive bonus material, including a 45-minute making of documentary, a gag reel and four deleted and extended scenes.
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 (21:26) & Part 2 (22:18) – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War (3:58) – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War (4:12) – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gag Reel (2:43) – Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes – Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of Captain America: Civil War: Extended Peggy’s Funeral (5:39), Zemo Meets Doctor Broussard (:30), ‘You are not used to the truth’ (:47), ‘Gotta get me one of those’ (:25)
- Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange – Exclusive Sneak Peek (3:49) – Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
Other scenes featured on the Blu-ray include “Zemo Meets Doctor Broussard,” “You are not used to the truth” and “Gotta get me one of those.” Marvel has also released one of the deleted scenes. The short scene explain how Zemo met Doctor Broussard.
“Captain America: Civil War” releases on Blu-ray and DVD on Sept. 13. The DVD will not include any bonus features and the 3D Collector’s Edition Combo Pack will be the only disc version to include a digital copy. While you wait for the film’s release, check out of a deleted scene below. The never before seen clips explains how Helmut Zemo met Doctor Broussard.