Casey Anthony Answers Court Admissions: Says She Had no Idea of EquuSearch's Efforts

 
on January 22 2012 7:24 AM
Casey Anthony
Casey Anthony Reuters/File Photo

Casey Anthony has answered the two questions a local court mandated her to answer, according to a report on orlandosentinel.com. The questions were with regard to the death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony, 2, and were posed to her by Texas EquuSearch (TES), a volunteer organization that helped in the search for Caylee in 2008.

The group, TES, had earlier filed a case against Anthony, asking for the reimbursement of $110,000 spent on two separate multi-day searches, conducted in September and November, 2009. They further argued that Anthony had wasted their money and resources, since she knew where her daughter was.

Anthony was told, on Friday, she would have to answer the questions and was given 10 days to do so, according to cfnews13.com. The questions were:

Admit that you did not observe or hear George Anthony call 911 at any time to report that he or you had discovered that Caylee Marie Anthony had drowned in the swimming pool at your parents' house on or about June 16, 2008, and

Admit that you were aware in September 2008 and October 2008 that EquuSearch was conducting searches for your daughter, Caylee.

According to EquuSearch's director, Tim Miller, Casey Anthony acknowledged the first admission and denied the second.

However, Miller claims he spoke several times to Anthony and told her of the searches. He insists she was aware of the search efforts and is taken aback by her denial.

Nothing would surprise me coming out of Casey's mouth, Miller said, adding he spent a lot of time with Casey in [her parents'] house before she was arrested.

Apart from Texas EquuSearch, Anthony is also facing a defamation lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez. Gonzalez claims her life was ruined after Anthony linked her to Caylee's disappearance in 2008.

At her trial, Anthony said Caylee had gone for a vacation with a nanny, named Zenaida, and had been missing since then. It later turned out the story was completely made up, to mislead people who were concerned about Caylee's disappearance.

Anthony was acquitted of the murder charges of her 2-year-old daughter last July but was found guilty on four counts of lying to the Orange County Sheriff's Office regarding her daughter's death. She is appealing those convictions and will be represented, in that instance, by attorneys Cheny Mason and Lisabeth Fryer.

Share this article